AwakenedLands Forums
zen, i say we go back - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: zen, i say we go back (/thread-8084.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: zen, i say we go back - Rafallol - 2009.Jul.22 07:45 AM

in most rpg games when do you have defet someone muh weaker that you you get few or almot nothig exp. Why this game should be different?

RE: zen, i say we go back - TheMace - 2009.Jul.22 07:48 AM

(2009.Jul.22 07:41 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  As powerlevel is hidden to everyone finding your power level is very difficult.

you and nestavipers are up to 6 levels higher than me, how you chose to get there is your choice but I shouldnt get half experience for fighting someone that has got to a higher level than me by fighting the weak and inactives, that makes the game ridiculous

It is difficult, i bite off a lot searching for new targets, but it is also fun fighting new people.

And i got to where i am by always searching for targets near my power level so i can get maximum exp for every attack, not simply by attacking much weaker targets, as that does not give as good exp. I get overpowered every now and then but it is worth it in the long run.

The game would only be ridiculous if people could get to a higher power level than you by fighting weak and inactives...but they cant. Having a few more hit points will not suddenly make me move above you.

RE: zen, i say we go back - cheetah - 2009.Jul.22 07:54 AM

(2009.Jul.22 07:45 AM)Rafallol Wrote:  in most rpg games when do you have defet someone muh weaker that you you get few or almot nothig exp. Why this game should be different?

Then be a man and equip.

RE: zen, i say we go back - Jocasta - 2009.Jul.22 07:56 AM

@ Moriarty

Hmmmm, not meaning to start an argument here, but how did you get to your level? I'm assuming by fighting people weaker than yourself.

A lot of players choose to put their ep into training stats, I chose to put mine into raising my level. However, it means that I'm on the same power level as perhaps a level 30/35 with decent stats, and even then sometimes I lose.

The code has changed, but it has changed for everyone. It isn't some sort of magic pill that Zen has handed out to the lower levels. I bite off more now than I did before, I don't always get bonus xp (hardly ever actually), and I'm using a lot more nimbus.

Yes I got to this level by hitting weaker players, you just admitted that you hit Mace and I for xp before the code change. Isn't that the same thing, our stats are way weaker than yours.

I can no longer hit players that gave me great xp and didn't hit back, so I have to change my strategy. Looks like a lot of other people will also have to change strategies. The system has changed for everyone, not just the lower level power levellers. Hitting people at your POWER level and getting a decent fight instead of just mopping the floor with your opponents will get you bonuses.

Having said all that, I'm still just as happy if it goes back the way it was.

RE: zen, i say we go back - Conrad1103 - 2009.Jul.22 07:59 AM

this code out right sux! i get SHIT!

RE: zen, i say we go back - JohnnyB - 2009.Jul.22 08:01 AM

(2009.Jul.22 07:56 AM)Jocasta Wrote:  @ Moriarty

Hmmmm, not meaning to start an argument here, but how did you get to your level? I'm assuming by fighting people weaker than yourself.

A lot of players choose to put their ep into training stats, I chose to put mine into raising my level. However, it means that I'm on the same power level as perhaps a level 30/35 with decent stats, and even then sometimes I lose.

The code has changed, but it has changed for everyone. It isn't some sort of magic pill that Zen has handed out to the lower levels. I bite off more now than I did before, I don't always get bonus xp (hardly ever actually), and I'm using a lot more nimbus.

Yes I got to this level by hitting weaker players, you just admitted that you hit Mace and I for xp before the code change. Isn't that the same thing, our stats are way weaker than yours.

I can no longer hit players that gave me great xp and didn't hit back, so I have to change my strategy. Looks like a lot of other people will also have to change strategies. The system has changed for everyone, not just the lower level power levellers. Hitting people at your POWER level and getting a decent fight instead of just mopping the floor with your opponents will get you bonuses.

Having said all that, I'm still just as happy if it goes back the way it was.
Amen!

RE: zen, i say we go back - Moriarty - 2009.Jul.22 08:07 AM

True everyone hits players weaker than yourself however personally I have always looked for players that prevent a challenge and would give you better exp as a result, Ive generally trained and challenged myself. My main issue is now gaining 150 exp points for attacking someone 6 levels higher than me, irrespective of power lvl

RE: zen, i say we go back - Rafallol - 2009.Jul.22 08:20 AM

(2009.Jul.22 07:54 AM)cheetah Wrote:  
(2009.Jul.22 07:45 AM)Rafallol Wrote:  in most rpg games when do you have defet someone muh weaker that you you get few or almot nothig exp. Why this game should be different?

Then be a man and equip.

I will if you stop attacing players weaker that you lol

RE: zen, i say we go back - Lucky666 - 2009.Jul.22 08:54 AM

(2009.Jul.22 06:55 AM)ShadowKid Wrote:  Sorry DW got to step in here when i was in DM with thrill he backed up his words at xpats he backs up his words he hasn't changed one bit except getting stronger.

when i was playing with X-pats there are 4 players that hosped me
Pish, willi, dingus and g2
thrill left me alone even when no one was hosping me and i was hosping x-pats members so that doesn't sound like him backing up his guys
any way my point is still valid: a thing is either fair or unfair. it doesn't changes depending on who does it.
this being said i still want the old code back.

RE: zen, i say we go back - Howl - 2009.Jul.22 09:13 AM

(2009.Jul.22 08:20 AM)Rafallol Wrote:  
(2009.Jul.22 07:54 AM)cheetah Wrote:  

Then be a man and equip.

I will if you stop attacing players weaker that you lol

ffs Raf ur 10 bloody lvls higher than her... grow some balls and take ur damn beatings like a MAN!!...

Besides I am MORE THAN POSSITIVE you yourself are beating up ppl weaker than you... you can't have it both ways.