AwakenedLands Forums
interesting... - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: interesting... (/thread-7325.html)

RE: interesting... - renkotsu - 2009.Jun.08 08:17 PM

so in other words hey theres tons of credits we dont know where they came from lets use them oh thats to unfair lets tell zen and get it reversed and everything will be fine

a) if you dont know where something comes from why use it

RE: interesting... - SisterLynx - 2009.Jun.08 08:18 PM

(2009.Jun.08 07:55 PM)zenith Wrote:  Did they truly know it was from an exploit?
My guess is they probably knew something wasn't right, but having that many credits burning a hole in their pocket was too hard to resist.

I'm pretty sure they notified me based on fear of being banned as well as because they thought it was the appropriate thing to do.

Granted they did do the right thing by telling/helping you fix the problem. I'll give them that. NOBODY is asking for perma ban. Seven Laws members do have the repect they deserve for being long time players/friends of AL.

Couple weeks in the pen should do it.

RE: interesting... - Duchbag69 - 2009.Jun.08 08:20 PM

(2009.Jun.08 12:08 AM)LikeWhoa Wrote:  we were skeptical at first so we mailed zen, including crunchy. i didnt feel like waiting for her response so we used the credits.

openly admitted they new something was up, but still decided to use them anyways...

RE: interesting... - BadLuck - 2009.Jun.08 08:20 PM

(2009.Jun.08 08:17 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  noob stfu, you know nothing about how the game works or anything about disclaimer 26. When your AL balls drop please return to the forums...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Owned totally.

RE: interesting... - Budweiser - 2009.Jun.08 08:26 PM

(2009.Jun.08 08:14 PM)zenith Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.08 08:13 PM)guiniyeyo Wrote:  so im done donating im gonna "stimble upon" an exploit and then apoligize for it and tell zen how to fix it and i wont get fedd

i also think im gonna hosp noobs bc disclaimer 26 cnt possibly apply

i am gona to start several mor characters

and anything else i feel like doin bc the rules dont really matter if you say sorry and help zen fix the issue

Sorry to call you out, but the guy who found the exploit is gone. I'm going to assume you didn't read my entire post.

was definetley posted his ban was a temporary one. so i might get in trouble but only for a little bitt.
he exploited 90million credits it doesnt matter if you figured it out or not the fact he did is fucked up he should be gone period and anyone that used any of them should get the temp stay there is absolutley no fucking way anyone would think that many credits was legit and the fact that they used them they are contributing to crunchys bullshit and zeon before you chime in and say well you would have taking them too kiss my ass i broke it out earlier and i have paid about 12 dollars a day to play this game bc i donated so much fuck taking credits i know are fucked up i wouldnt even chance that shit

RE: interesting... - Thor - 2009.Jun.08 08:26 PM

So basically, you guys are asking that they (7laws less Crunchy) are banned temporarily because they had 90 millions credits in the bank and used them, then tell Zen about it, well knowing, no matter where they came from, it would fixed because Zen/Err would see it in the logs, id it was "illegal"?

In that case, I ask that Punisher and I be banned also.

We once found a bug, used it, mailed Zen about it and used it again to make sure it was a bug and send the logs/proofs to Zen, who fixed it about 20 minutes later. We even mailed her again because she forgot to fix our humanity at the time. Were we guilty of finding it, receiving free xp due to a bug and free humanity for same reason? Was the 3rd player, who probably didnt even realized he got free xp, guilty also?

This is the EXACT same situation, only with credits instead of experience.

You guys are just pissed because now you think they kept some, or used it before or whatever else goes through your mind.

As for Crunchy, like I said before, just for trying to find/use an exploit, he deserves to be banned but if he really told Zen/Err and also how to fix it, then it helps his case a bit, IMO, but still deserve a ban of some sort.

Stop thinking this is gonna change your lives, its not, its a game, we've seen worst in the past and we'll see it again.

RE: interesting... - Leopard - 2009.Jun.08 08:30 PM

(2009.Jun.08 08:26 PM)Thor Wrote:  So basically, you guys are asking that they (7laws less Crunchy) are banned temporarily because they had 90 millions credits in the bank and used them, then tell Zen about it, well knowing, no matter where they came from, it would fixed because Zen/Err would see it in the logs, id it was "illegal"?

In that case, I ask that Punisher and I be banned also.

We once found a bug, used it, mailed Zen about it and used it again to make sure it was a bug and send the logs/proofs to Zen, who fixed it about 20 minutes later. We even mailed her again because she forgot to fix our humanity at the time. Were we guilty of finding it, receiving free xp due to a bug and free humanity for same reason? Was the 3rd player, who probably didnt even realized he got free xp, guilty also?

This is the EXACT same situation, only with credits instead of experience.

You guys are just miffed because now you think they kept some, or used it before or whatever else goes through your mind.

As for Crunchy, like I said before, just for trying to find/use an exploit, he deserves to be banned but if he really told Zen/Err and also how to fix it, then it helps his case a bit, IMO, but still deserve a ban of some sort.

Stop thinking this is gonna change your lives, its not, its a game, we've seen worst in the past and we'll see it again.

yes, if you took advantage of the exploit you should be banned
more specifics on your exploit would make sense too but generally
there is a difference also in getting 250 exp points and stealing and/or USING almost or more than a million real life dollars worth of credits

RE: interesting... - Brugada - 2009.Jun.08 08:30 PM

(2009.Jun.08 08:10 PM)zenith Wrote:  And now you know my thought process. Take the role of a prosecutor. If you feel what I did was not appropriate based on the evidence you see, please share your thoughts. I am not above being convinced I am wrong with a good argument.

Zen there are 34 pages as to how they exploited the game. Its explained 500 different ways. 34 pages of good, no GREAT arguments for having the members who took part in it disciplined further, and all of them have merit.

RE: interesting... - BlackHand - 2009.Jun.08 08:30 PM

(2009.Jun.08 08:26 PM)guiniyeyo Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.08 08:14 PM)zenith Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.08 08:13 PM)guiniyeyo Wrote:  so im done donating im gonna "stimble upon" an exploit and then apoligize for it and tell zen how to fix it and i wont get fedd

i also think im gonna hosp noobs bc disclaimer 26 cnt possibly apply

i am gona to start several mor characters

and anything else i feel like doin bc the rules dont really matter if you say sorry and help zen fix the issue

Sorry to call you out, but the guy who found the exploit is gone. I'm going to assume you didn't read my entire post.

was definetley posted his ban was a temporary one. so i might get in trouble but only for a little bitt.
he exploited 90million credits it doesnt matter if you figured it out or not the fact he did is fucked up he should be gone period and anyone that used any of them should get the temp stay there is absolutley no farging way anyone would think that many credits was legit and the fact that they used them they are contributing to crunchys cowplop and zeon before you chime in and say well you would have taking them too kiss my arse i broke it out earlier and i have paid about 12 dollars a day to play this game bc i donated so much frag taking credits i know are fucked up i wouldnt even chance that drek

Confused

I know I'm not the only one

RE: interesting... - Thor - 2009.Jun.08 08:34 PM

(2009.Jun.08 08:30 PM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  yes, if you took advantage of the exploit you should be banned
more specifics on your exploit would make sense too but generally
there is a difference also in getting 250 exp points and stealing and/or USING almost or more than a million real life dollars worth of credits

We're talking from lvl 29 to 35 in 20 minutes, not 250 xp.

And if you think that, as well as what the members of 7Laws did, deserves a ban, then you 1- still haven't got over your ban (thats comprehensible) 2- need to find a new game, you're taking this 1 too seriously.