AwakenedLands Forums
interesting... - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: interesting... (/thread-7325.html)

RE: interesting... - BadLuck - 2009.Jun.08 06:36 PM

(2009.Jun.08 06:27 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  but it wasnt a bunch of noobs who have done nothing for the game. It was 7 laws, they have helped the game grow, they do so much for the community so she's giving them some leway or whatever you want to call it.

Regardless of what they have done, it was still AGAINST THE RULES.

You think if I go out, do a massive amount of volunteer work, and then go rob a bank that they are just going to slap me on the wrist and tell me not to do it again?

Instead of thinking more of what they have done, think more of what kind of example this is setting for the rest of the AL community.

RE: interesting... - CrazyFoley - 2009.Jun.08 06:40 PM

no, but they may lower your bail, give you a lesser sentence.

RE: interesting... - DustiWoot - 2009.Jun.08 06:40 PM

(2009.Jun.08 06:29 PM)superdude Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.08 06:21 PM)BadLuck Wrote:  No one is asking for a perma ban, but SOMETHING more than a freaking slap on the wrist when it's really obvious that something was up.

This is ALL the members of AL have been asking for. Something more than say no-no.
Oh and we also want the last page link fixed on the picture of yourself thread.Wink

+1

RE: interesting... - LikeWhoa - 2009.Jun.08 06:43 PM

(2009.Jun.08 06:36 PM)BadLuck Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.08 06:27 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  but it wasnt a bunch of noobs who have done nothing for the game. It was 7 laws, they have helped the game grow, they do so much for the community so she's giving them some leway or whatever you want to call it.

Regardless of what they have done, it was still AGAINST THE RULES.

You think if I go out, do a massive amount of volunteer work, and then go rob a bank that they are just going to slap me on the wrist and tell me not to do it again?

Instead of thinking more of what they have done, think more of what kind of example this is setting for the rest of the AL community.

i thought you were leaving?

and yes, if you've actually have gotten in trouble, they do look at your history.

RE: interesting... - BadLuck - 2009.Jun.08 06:43 PM

(2009.Jun.08 06:40 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  no, but they may lower your bail, give you a lesser sentence.

But you'll still do time. Thats my point.

I have NOTHING against any of the 7 Laws members, and have always had good dealings with them, it's not personal against them, it's just about fairness.

This is a game, this is not RL, a game still has to have standards otherwise the game will fail miserably after awhile. There's an old saying that I feel fits this situation,

Quote:What's good for one, is good for all.

Again, the ALers are not asking for a perma ban, but something other than "No, don't do it again." really is in order.

RE: interesting... - ZeonOne - 2009.Jun.08 06:44 PM

(2009.Jun.08 06:36 PM)BadLuck Wrote:  [quote='thatthingufear' pid='115826' dateline='1244507271']
but it wasnt a bunch of noobs who have done nothing for the game. It was 7 laws, they have helped the game grow, they do so much for the community so she's giving them some leway or whatever you want to call it.

That banking example is vague. Someone stole a lot of money, then placed them in a table for everyone.

Depending on the Motive and the judge, the case would very likely to end the same way like here.

RE: interesting... - BadLuck - 2009.Jun.08 06:45 PM

(2009.Jun.08 06:43 PM)LikeWhoa Wrote:  i thought you were leaving?

and yes, if you've actually have gotten in trouble, they do look at your history.

But you wont get away scott free. Hell Whoa, you even said yourself in this topic that you wouldnt be opposed to some kind of punishment, and you yourself stated that even though you knew something was fishy, you went ahead and used the credits anyway.

Really that doesnt make you a lot better than Crunchy, though you are smarter for not actually exploiting the exploit, but rather reaping the ever so temporary benefits from it.

RE: interesting... - ZeonOne - 2009.Jun.08 06:46 PM

(2009.Jun.08 06:40 PM)DustiWoot Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.08 06:29 PM)superdude Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.08 06:21 PM)BadLuck Wrote:  No one is asking for a perma ban, but SOMETHING more than a freaking slap on the wrist when it's really obvious that something was up.

This is ALL the members of AL have been asking for. Something more than say no-no.
Oh and we also want the last page link fixed on the picture of yourself thread.Wink

+1

Not ALL, only a fraction of them. You two are trying to manipulate the admin.

RE: interesting... - johnsonhalo76 - 2009.Jun.08 06:46 PM

ok so they cheated but it says in zens message that they were banned for a little while...

lets say that a huge cocaine dealer gets busted by the fbi... they say he has 30-50 years jail time but if the dealer tells them where the cocaine came from and who smuggled it into the country he can get 15-25... then lets say they catch three other cocaine dealers from the stuff that the first one told them his sentence would be cut down to like 10-15 or something similar....

so something like that happened with this drek... i dont see why people cant let it go its been dealt with... zen did what she deemed appropriate punishment....

RE: interesting... - BadLuck - 2009.Jun.08 06:47 PM

(2009.Jun.08 06:44 PM)ZeonOne Wrote:  That banking example is vague. Someone stole a lot of money, then placed them in a table for everyone.

Depending on the Motive and the judge, the case would very likely to end the same way like here.

Wrong, Accesory would be the charge there simply because of the money. At the very least, recieving stolen property would be the charge the others would get. Thats still punishable by jail time, in ALL 50 US states, and I'm sure other countries as well.