AwakenedLands Forums
interesting... - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: interesting... (/thread-7325.html)

RE: interesting... - StreetSamurai - 2009.Jun.08 03:24 PM

I take weekends off except for skills and career, it's taken all day to get thru this crap. IMO anyone who can believe that a player (never mind a known scammer) has the RL cash to buy 90 million creds is an idiot. Anyone who used them had to know they were tainted, and should be fed jailed, not permanently, but a couple weeks at least.

RE: interesting... - zenith - 2009.Jun.08 05:28 PM

The credits were removed shortly after Crunchy donated them to the gang. Several of the players who had used them were indeed banned while we reverted them back to pre-credit use. All uses of the credits (cash, endurance, intel, donator days, gains from refreshes, etc.) were removed. Luckily we have extremely detailed logs for this, and reverting to pre-exploit was done so quickly not many outside those involved knew something happened.

While that many credits popping up randomly in your vault should make you instantly question where they came from, the gang didn't know how the credits were obtained. In fact, it's obvious by the logs that some who received credits didn't even read the gang events. Once they found out where the credits came from they notified me about what happened and gave detailed information of what they were used for. All information obtained this way matched the logs. In fact, some of them told me they refused to even train until I reverted their endurance back because they felt the gains were "dirty".

I feel permanently banishing those who had no idea the credits were obtained through an exploit would be a little overboard, especially since they promptly notified me when they found out the truth. While I feel the fact they used the credits was an extremely poor decision, their actions upon knowing how the credits were obtained were appropriate to the situation.

RE: interesting... - Brugada - 2009.Jun.08 05:37 PM

WOW! Sad decision. Scream BULLSHIT!

RE: interesting... - BadLuck - 2009.Jun.08 05:51 PM

(2009.Jun.08 05:28 PM)zenith Wrote:  The credits were removed shortly after Crunchy donated them to the gang. Several of the players who had used them were indeed banned while we reverted them back to pre-credit use. All uses of the credits (cash, endurance, intel, donator days, gains from refreshes, etc.) were removed. Luckily we have extremely detailed logs for this, and reverting to pre-exploit was done so quickly not many outside those involved knew something happened.

While that many credits popping up randomly in your vault should make you instantly question where they came from, the gang didn't know how the credits were obtained. In fact, it's obvious by the logs that some who received credits didn't even read the gang events. Once they found out where the credits came from they notified me about what happened and gave detailed information of what they were used for. All information obtained this way matched the logs. In fact, some of them told me they refused to even train until I reverted their endurance back because they felt the gains were "dirty".

I feel permanently banishing those who had no idea the credits were obtained through an exploit would be a little overboard, especially since they promptly notified me when they found out the truth. While I feel the fact they used the credits was an extremely poor decision, their actions upon knowing how the credits were obtained were appropriate to the situation.

See you later AL, Zenith just totally proved that she's not about fairness, but rather about the donators.

Peace out AL, enjoy.

RE: interesting... - Marlo - 2009.Jun.08 05:57 PM

(2009.Jun.08 05:28 PM)zenith Wrote:  ... In fact, some of them told me they refused to even train until I reverted their endurance back because they felt the gains were "dirty".

They did? I wonder why?

I wanna know what is like to train with 180 endurance too.

RE: interesting... - zenith - 2009.Jun.08 06:00 PM

(2009.Jun.08 05:57 PM)Marlo Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.08 05:28 PM)zenith Wrote:  ... In fact, some of them told me they refused to even train until I reverted their endurance back because they felt the gains were "dirty".

They did? I wonder why?

I wanna know what is like to train with 180 endurance too.

They didn't see much since there is a limiter built into the gym to prevent this type of thing.

RE: interesting... - Joshiwa - 2009.Jun.08 06:02 PM

(2009.Jun.08 05:28 PM)zenith Wrote:  I feel permanently banishing those who had no idea the credits were obtained through an exploit would be a little overboard, especially since they promptly notified me when they found out the truth. While I feel the fact they used the credits was an extremely poor decision, their actions upon knowing how the credits were obtained were appropriate to the situation.

I don't know if a permanent bann should be placed either, but just setting back what was done is not enough for me. Bad actions deserve punishment, while some may have been completely ignorant, others were not. That is obvious by how many credits they used, and whoa saying they knew something was wrong but used them anyway.

If $ is stolen from the Federal Reserve those that are caught don't just have the $ taken away and get by with an "I'm sorry". Guilty by association would get 7laws in trouble. A few of them deserve punishment, even if it is less than what Crunchy gets.

RE: interesting... - SisterLynx - 2009.Jun.08 06:02 PM

(2009.Jun.08 05:28 PM)zenith Wrote:  While I feel the fact they used the credits was an extremely poor decision, their actions upon knowing how the credits were obtained were appropriate to the situation.

Just to get this straight. It's poor decision making, not cheating?

RE: interesting... - bebopcrew420 - 2009.Jun.08 06:08 PM

(2009.Jun.08 05:51 PM)BadLuck Wrote:  See you later AL, Zenith just totally proved that she's not about fairness, but rather about the donators.

Peace out AL, enjoy.

Confused How? That statement makes no sense. This has nothing to do with donators. And as long as they didn't gain anything I think it's fair. Peace out.

RE: interesting... - xSleekx - 2009.Jun.08 06:08 PM

It's RETARDED how so many of them went ahead and used the obviously ill gotten credits and are getting off scott free when

A. They cheated
B. It was obvious
C. They probably only sent zen mails, acted apologetic etc because zen WOULD OBVIOUSLY find out when people randomly have 150 endurance without donating.

How stupid would you have to be to cheat and when its OBVIOUS you cheated not try to cover your ass? No shit they apologized to zen sent logs etc when zen is going to find out.

It's a joke that there isn't at least a temporary fed jail for all participants who either

A. Cheated / created the money and credits
B. Used stupidly huge amounts of credits without asking questions, say 23,000 + because you're an idiot if you think anyone is going to give you $100+ real cash worth of anything for free.