AwakenedLands Forums
interesting... - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: interesting... (/thread-7325.html)

RE: interesting... - catalyst - 2009.Jun.08 02:01 AM

(2009.Jun.08 01:58 AM)emocakes Wrote:  No one else tested out the exploit. only me, no one else knew about the exploit. im still fed jailed cause i do deserve it, 1 for looking for an exploit and 2 for being stupid and involving my gang members (with me depositing it in the vault).

My fedjail message might be confusing as well, I was in contact with zen when Err fed jailed me with the current reason. That was before Err had been informed of exactly what happened by zen.

i mean if that's the whole truth (which i'm not saying it is anything different from the truth) then that makes a lot of since. and i think a lot of ppl just wanted a basic answer. so if that's the bottem line, then it's all good for me Biggrin

edit: and also, that would make since why Zen posted a while back why you (emo) were only temp banned

RE: interesting... - emocakes - 2009.Jun.08 02:05 AM

Jocasta, how would i know an exploit existed until i tested it?
It was the sort of exploit you know exists only when you test it.

RE: interesting... - BrokenGlass - 2009.Jun.08 04:14 AM

My two cents.......

For the most part all folks here are adults.

Suddenly, there is a unearned bounty of credits which the SevenLaws members enriched themselves. It was discovered by Zen and righted.

There are querys:

1. Have all the stats been set back to there original levels for all members who used them.
2. Have all the credits been traced and recovered if they were laundered.
3. I am curious why there has been no remorse or at least a public apoligy by a respected members of Sevenlaws. To have EMOCAKES as the most vocal spokesman doesn't seem appropriate.......

The pulse of AL seems to be of discontent and the issues should be addressed by a Sevenlaws spokesman.......

RE: interesting... - emocakes - 2009.Jun.08 04:22 AM

im not a spokesperson but i will answer the questions:

1) Yup
2) Yup (not hard considering the large amounts and the fact that the credits never left 7 laws hands)
3) They have no need to apologize to the public as the public wasn't affected, it was dealt with by admins.

I apologize for causing all this drama by being irresponsible and depositing the credits in the gang vault, I also apologize for creating extra work for zen/err (removing the credits, and resetting donator days etc) but i don't apologize for finding and detailing an exploit to an admin.

RE: interesting... - buuddha - 2009.Jun.08 04:55 AM

this is a very interesting situation indeed.

i think that the players who took credits from the gang and then spent them in any way possible (donator days, end, int, refreshes) should be banned for cheating.

to me, the message to zen/err sounds more like they realized how dumb/ban worthy of a move they all just made so they did the only thing they could think of, try and play innocent.

i have a feeling that if emocakes wouldnt have been so damn greedy that no one but 7laws would know about this hack right now and none of this would be going on.

RE: interesting... - TheMace - 2009.Jun.08 05:00 AM

I actually just sat and read this whole thread!!

If everything is back to normal, with the credits being taken away and the remaining Seven Laws members not having any advantage from the situation, and the person who first used the exploit in fed jail, then i really dont think any further action is necessary.

Seven Laws (minus crunchy) are a good bunch of people who many of us have been friends with for a very long time, and sometimes our friends make rash decisions, but it doesnt mean we suddenly start crying out for them to go to jail!

Its over, let go.

RE: interesting... - emocakes - 2009.Jun.08 05:02 AM

Are you trying to say im a bad person TheMace? Sad

RE: interesting... - buuddha - 2009.Jun.08 05:03 AM

i understand where a lot of you are coming from about 7laws being good people and all that jazz.

buuuut, a lot of people are forgetting rule #2.

Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse for breaking the rules.

RE: interesting... - BrokenGlass - 2009.Jun.08 05:12 AM

There is such a thing as credibilty. The credibility of the game and that of the members of Sevenlaws.

If you tell me the folks of AL have not been affected then you are wrong. I have issues with this and wonder if the majority now have issues with trust in the game.........

You attempt to deflect blame. You commited the initial wrong and unless they have a good explaination to the folks of AL for taking advantage of us then it will always be a stain..........

Sorry if you can't accept the reality check........

EMOCAKES

RE: interesting... - emocakes - 2009.Jun.08 05:31 AM

It seems that you are the one who needs the reality check wraithlord. Where did 7 laws take advantage of you?....... You seem delusional about who was wronged here, no one was wronged. Quit trying to find someone else to blame for your problems.

Do you want me to send you a violin for all the stress and loss of sleep that has plagued you for the past week due to this incident? ( funnily enough, no one has mentioned this the whole week, and now everyone is an expert on what happened, all because of one screenshot LOL )

I have apologised for my actions, but honestly, ive said sorry, im doing my time in fed jail. i could care less what you think now. If you want to involve yourself then be my guest. I'm not losing any sleep over it. I know what i have done wrong and i accept that. Maybe its time for you to accept that this has nothing to do with you.

Go make a thread about the iranian insurgents or something, that should keep you entertained long enough until you feel the need to victimize yourself again.

So build a bridge, and get over it (or yourself) WRAITHLORD.

p.s: sorry if you cant accept the truth