AwakenedLands Forums
Gangs controllingStores idea??? - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Gangs controllingStores idea??? (/thread-515.html)

Pages: 1 2

Gangs controllingStores idea??? - hawk187 - 2006.Nov.07 11:09 AM

What if gangs could control stores? Then they could set a tax rate on all items and anything anyone buys the gang that controls the store would earn the tax money from it. Then any other gang could fight the other gang for control of said store and control the tax. I would say a gang could only control 2-3 stores at any given time, with the different districts many gangs could control and creata more gang wars out there for control. Just like in real life mafia or gangs control stores and earn cash off of them. Just a thought to spice it up

- Druchii - 2006.Nov.07 11:14 AM

sounds fun imo

been wanting more gang related things exept from OC

- Chris Mangano - 2006.Nov.07 11:53 AM

Well, we (the Elders) tried this for fun by controlling the Rural District and thus all the stores inside the Rural District and a lot of people cried.

Edited to reflect the fact that not everyone cried

ok - Monk205 - 2006.Nov.07 11:57 AM

Thay idea is all good for the elders and all those strong gangs but the other gangs will be totally dominated. :?

- hawk187 - 2006.Nov.07 12:07 PM

Not if its limited to the amount of stores they can control, if they can only conrtrol 2. 3 districts multiple stores in each district would allow more opportunity for gangs, maybe restrict store areas where gangs can control based on their level.
Basically we are a mid-level gang and that would only motivate my gang and others to strengthen up and try to take over the Elders. Need to spice up the gang thing other than OC, this would create some excitement and more to do and other ways to earn money in game with your gang. If your not happy the elders are pounding ya, then level up and go after them. Sooner or later everyone falls

- Druchii - 2006.Nov.07 01:08 PM

well i think its a good idea if its towards some NPC, beat up strong level NPC to collect protection money.

I posted an idea about buying gang Companies, which would fit under this.

well actually chris i placed myself in the district when i went to sleep lol Razz

dont think that this could work fair with gang against gang. eventually all the strongest gangs would own everything

- peajew - 2006.Nov.07 01:56 PM

youve gotta think that theres a limited number of stores not all gangs would have the opportunity to own a store

- hawk187 - 2006.Nov.07 02:07 PM

Not all gnags would own a store, which you would mean they would have to declare war on that gang for control of the store.

IMO no matter what happens in this game with more things for gangs the higher level gangs will win, due to strength which means the rest of us need to level up and be competitve with them or get owned by them

- TheGeek - 2006.Nov.07 02:43 PM

Chris Mangano Wrote:Well, we (the Elders) tried this for fun by controlling the Rural District and thus all the stores inside the Rural District and everyone cried.

not everyone.

- hawk187 - 2006.Nov.07 02:46 PM

Neither did we, we tried selling tissue but everyone was broke