AwakenedLands Forums
level 60 weapons - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: level 60 weapons (/thread-4023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- TommiTheTaco - 2008.Oct.08 01:54 PM

I dun want to have to work any harder to get to the melee, so shh your face. Neutral! -Looks around..- What? It was him?

- abysmalpoptart - 2008.Oct.08 03:34 PM

uhh.. ok..

i still stand by the idea that instead of increasing work stats more and more, include skill requirements. i really dont see the big deal on that one. if you have a skill of level 5, are you going to go for your skilled weapon, or a different one? lets think about that for a second..!

the people who will be hurt are those who spent time getting a mix of skills, but even they will be able to catch up because that is 100% based on activity. they will ALL be able to catch up REGARDLESS. sounds fair to me

(edit)

and what about skill requirements for armor?? i REALLY think that would shake things up. here are my ideas

armor 1: Damage soaking armor that is heavy but can take hits like no other.

requires: 40 resistance, 20 strength, 18 endurance, level 3 armor handling

armor 2: Light and durable, able to take hits better than most armors, although much more suitable for evading attacks. the best way to avoid damage is to not get hit at all! In order to compensate for some of the armor's lack of defense, a higher endurance is required.

requires: 35 resistance, 35 dexterity, 15 strength, 20 endurance, level 3 combat evasion

armor 3: While this armor is too heavy to provide ample support for direct damage, it does provide better coverage to vital areas that prevents the opponent from achieving a critical strike.

requires: 38 resistance, 25 strength, 18 endurance, level 3 critical resistance

then we would be able to choose our armor based on what skills we have, rather than simply buying the best armor and thats it.

thoughts?

- alinutza - 2008.Oct.08 03:43 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:i still stand by the idea that instead of increasing work stats more and more, include skill requirements.

but you cannot train skills with credits that you buy with real money.

as i said before, some weapons for those that cannot get that high endurance should can in handy. no requirement for endurance, but "insane" battle stats as requirement. and of course, worst that the top weapons. like a middle level weapon...

- abysmalpoptart - 2008.Oct.08 03:45 PM

i know you cant train skill points w/ real money, thats the point. this is still a free game. if you want people to be able to compete for free, allow them to. dont force them to donate to be able to compete w/ the higher players. i dont believe that zenith or err intend for that at all, which is why i am trying to point such things out. for a small population of players, those numbers are feasible, but not necessarily through JUST time and effort. if you want people to put in time and effort and earn those weapons, add battle stats, not more and more work stats. and skill requirements would add to that work that you need to do to earn them. thats all i'm saying.

- alinutza - 2008.Oct.08 03:46 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:.....
thoughts?

i like the idea; this will require more items to be added to the game, idea which i support because it makes the game more attractice(for me). "useless" items(like the turkey award, which is a colectible item) are great..

- abysmalpoptart - 2008.Oct.08 03:48 PM

well, i just think it would be very cool to see a choice in armor, rather than only have one choice.

- alinutza - 2008.Oct.08 03:51 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:i know you cant train skill points w/ real money, thats the point. this is still a free game. if you want people to be able to compete for free, allow them to. dont force them to donate to be able to compete w/ the higher players. i dont believe that zenith or err intend for that at all, which is why i am trying to point such things out. for a small population of players, those numbers are feasible, but not necessarily through JUST time and effort. if you want people to put in time and effort and earn those weapons, add battle stats, not more and more work stats. and skill requirements would add to that work that you need to do to earn them. thats all i'm saying.

anyone will want the new weapons in their hands as soon as they are available even though ONLY one player has access to them. how long would have been to reach lvl 50 if Pullo wouldnt have done it in almost 1 year; and then Rafal to reach lvl 60?? most players are concerned about raising stats, instead of leveling; but imo that's the funniest part of the game. now there are 4 or 5 players at lvl 50 who will probably level faster than they do normally.

- alinutza - 2008.Oct.08 03:52 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:well, i just think it would be very cool to see a choice in armor, rather than only have one choice.

i believe the same thing. that is why i suggested different armors for different types of weapons

- abysmalpoptart - 2008.Oct.08 03:54 PM

i mean, i'd like to get these weapons too, but if the battle stats are raised to what people want, i wont be getting them for a long time. and u know what, thats fine, because u can do that w/o being forced to pay out the butthole with real money. i know zen and err have to be able to fund the game and the servers, but people pay because they want to, not b/c they have to.

either way, i wont be able to use these weapons for quite some time Razz

- shadowinc - 2008.Oct.08 03:59 PM

i see your point poptart, if i was 60 in those stats it will take me two months or so, if 55 it will take a month, but the endurance would take years