AwakenedLands Forums
Thats just confusing - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Thats just confusing (/thread-162.html)

Pages: 1 2

Thats just confusing - 666666 - 2006.Aug.01 12:33 PM

i was wondering when i am going through the forums. Who is that? And that?

Well this is because there names are different in the forums than in the game. I think that we should be able to know who the people we are talking to really are. I dont want te names on the forums changed, just something which lets me know who they are in the game.

- blade101 - 2006.Aug.01 12:52 PM

What do u mean john, my name in the game is blade101 and it stays the same in the forums

- zenith - 2006.Aug.01 01:01 PM

Well you could start off by putting your game name in your sig. Integrating the forums and the game names is a little more complicated than it seems.

- Jack Daniels - 2006.Aug.01 01:03 PM

you mean kinda like this?

- 666666 - 2006.Aug.01 01:13 PM

exactly

Name - Lostangel - 2006.Aug.01 01:19 PM

Don't forget you can change your game name anytime you want. However, you can not change your forum name, so a siggy is the only way to match the two.

- Dragon - 2006.Aug.01 02:02 PM

zenith Wrote:Well you could start off by putting your game name in your sig. Integrating the forums and the game names is a little more complicated than it seems.

Why not just link the user table in your database to your forums? If you really think about it, there is no real need for users to log in to the forums, once they're are logged in to the game. Why not just use the game sessions over again in the forums?

- zenith - 2006.Aug.01 02:30 PM

We use phpbb for the forums. The session handling for the forums is a lot more refined than the game, and my initial endeavor into integrating the two revealed that a lot of changes need to be made to the game so they integrated in a way I was happy with.

I'd much rather have the game built up than spend the time integrating the forums at this time. We will probably merge the two at some later date, but we are busy working on new fuctionality to the game (and um, fixing bugs).

- 666666 - 2006.Aug.01 03:11 PM

could people who have a different forum name to their game name just add it to their signature please

- brythompson - 2006.Aug.02 01:41 AM

I took me weeks to figure out who tobith was in the game, He is in the same gang as me...lol