AwakenedLands Forums
Wiki - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wiki (/thread-141.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- zenith - 2006.Jul.30 10:17 AM

What's SA?

I guess the point is don't put things on Wikipedia for games. If anyone thinks it's something they don't want to see they can vote to get it deleted?

- dakpowers - 2006.Jul.30 10:23 AM

SA=Something Awful.

And it's not that it's a game, it's all about notability. There are hundreds of other browser games on the Internet like this one, none of which are notable, none of which have created much of an impact. 2500 players is quite a small community, as far as games go. This notability rule applies to all articles. If you created an article on Wikipedia for your local band, which has made no impact outside of your local area, and is not notable, it would be deleted.

That's just how it is. I'm not saying it's right.

- zenith - 2006.Jul.30 10:35 AM

I can see why they do stuff like that, but the reason of notability sounds too subjective to me. Basically if anyone flags it for deletion, it's done. I guess Wikipedia isn't the online encyclopedia I expected it to be.

- dakpowers - 2006.Jul.30 10:40 AM

If someone flags it for deletion, a straw poll is taken in which anyone can participate. People will go to a site, make up their minds, and vote "Keep" or "Delete" accordingly. There are overzealous people (who we call "deletionists") who will go through and mark anything and everything they feel doesn't belong. Usually people will go make up their own minds and decide whether it stays. Another thing going against your wiki is that hardly anything links to it (we call these "orphans").

It's not a democracy, but the public does ultimately decide whether an article stays or goes. Most people that are active within the community are fair. I wrote a wiki for us Theafers 2 years ago, and it took them nine months to delete it, citing we're "non-notable". That's fine, because, in the grand scheme of the Internet, we aren't.

- LuparKoor - 2006.Jul.30 11:11 AM

There used to be a wikipedia article about Theafers, until some nerd with no life decided it didnt belong there.

- dakpowers - 2006.Jul.30 11:17 AM

LuparKoor Wrote:There used to be a wikipedia article about Theafers, until some nerd with no life decided it didnt belong there.
Wow, someone didn't read my whole post. ;P

- zenith - 2006.Jul.30 02:45 PM

Well if I was running a competitive game to this one and saw that Awakened lands had a wiki page, I'd best flag it for deletion.

- Jack Daniels - 2006.Jul.30 03:38 PM

zenith Wrote:Well if I was running a competitive game to this one and saw that Awakened lands had a wiki page, I'd best flag it for deletion.

You may have hit the nail on the head with that one....i bet that is what happened.

- 666666 - 2006.Jul.30 03:45 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

- LuparKoor - 2006.Jul.30 05:42 PM

dakpowers Wrote:
LuparKoor Wrote:There used to be a wikipedia article about Theafers, until some nerd with no life decided it didnt belong there.
Wow, someone didn't read my whole post. ;P

Wow.. *kills dak and puts him in for a long hospital stay*