AwakenedLands Forums
Should players be able to become admins? - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Should players be able to become admins? (/thread-11266.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - rick321 - 2010.Mar.18 07:23 PM

yes because I know from administering or owning games likes this everything you do is logged and reviewed so there no chance of being able to get an unfair advantage without being caught.
Let me clarify something for yall admin actions are limited on games like this. and you cant modify or even see the code so you cant find ways to gain an unfair advantage over anyone. The criteria boils down to a few things Knowledge, Ability and Willingness to help, Fairness, And Charisma.
You have to know how to do things like view logs and credit money and credits. Ability and willingness to help means you have the time and the energy to help solve player disputes and answer questions about the game. fairness for in player disputes being impartial and solving the issue based on facts on opinion. And charisma to talk to players and converse professionally with them. I think this is how potential candidates for an admin position should be judged.

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - Saerin - 2010.Mar.18 08:40 PM

I don't see why players shouldn't have the ability to become staff/admins. I have seen it in other games and it has worked there.

As for whether or not they need to give up playing privileges, I would say that I see no reason they need to. They can not see the code, they can not give themselves anything((if they did they would easily be caught )) If the limit to their powers is to handle questions/disputes then what would it hurt if they continued to play.

the only true fact that needs to be addressed is that Zen needs help. If a couple players can offer that help then I see no reason as to why she shouldn't take it. I mean seriously it is either that or the game starts to fade away.

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - thrillhouse - 2010.Mar.18 08:41 PM

(2010.Mar.18 04:27 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  
(2010.Mar.18 04:20 PM)w00k Wrote:  
(2010.Mar.18 04:18 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  Clever.

It was a tossup between that or telling you that you're the reason why full-term abortions should be legal. I was having a hard time deciding between the two...

Seriously. You're crossing the line.

Obviously not a father.

Either way... you should be ashamed.

Go get drunk and transfer $15M on accident and whine to Zen about it. You're much better at that.

Not sure about this crossing the line thing, Abortion is great comedy fodder, used by all the Greats...Kids in the hall, Mr Show, It's always Sunny (Charlie's an abortion that didn't take FFS)

I should've realized you were sensitive the first time you got yellow....

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - cheetah - 2010.Mar.18 09:22 PM

(2010.Mar.18 03:42 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  The list that sister posted would never work because of the fact that they've been here so long and have so many ties to the community (both positive and negative).

So you want a noob to do the job?! I don't think anyone on that list wants the job in all honesty, but you want someone who knows less about the game, who has played it for a shorter amount of time, and could not possibly answer all the technical questions to take the job, over someone who has been here long enough to do all of the above?! This thread and idea just keeps getting more stupid everytime I read the latest posts!

I think I've stated my opinion, that no one can be that unbiased....so I am against it. Zen is in CA, freikin Silicon Valley, I think someone who has absolutely no vested interest in the game, the gangs, or the players, there could be easily hired for a computer programming job!

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - GlennQuagmire - 2010.Mar.18 09:28 PM

even though my vote is no to an active player, if it goes ahead i would like to nominate Phisheva. he is honest, fair and would definetly pass a drug test.......... maybe not the last thing..

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - Brugada - 2010.Mar.18 09:32 PM

I would only vote for CF and myself, and all the baggage that goes with it.

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - CrazyFoley - 2010.Mar.18 09:38 PM

(2010.Mar.18 09:32 PM)Brugada Wrote:  I would only vote for CF and myself, and all the baggage that goes with it.

Why thank you Brug I've been told that me holding a public office would be just as bas as you. We would make a great team making up answers and new rules to rambones great game.

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - johnsonhalo76 - 2010.Mar.18 09:47 PM

i like the mail team idea, but i'd like to see it anonymous. you send your mail to a support mailbox. it takes the mail directly to all players on the team, they come to a decision if it's a suggestion or dispute then reply. if you ask a question about the game mechanics then someone who has the most knowledge about that area of the game responds, completely anonymous.

as for if we actually put player admins in then they would just need limited powers. have the power to suspend mails and or put a 24 hour ban on someone. no abilities to see stats, money, or private mails unless being pulled into a dispute in which case the player asking for the admin to moderate will have to give permission to the admin to see all mails to and from the player giving them problems.

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - Brugada - 2010.Mar.18 09:51 PM

(2010.Mar.18 09:38 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  
(2010.Mar.18 09:32 PM)Brugada Wrote:  I would only vote for CF and myself, and all the baggage that goes with it.

Why thank you Brug I've been told that me holding a public office would be just as bas as you. We would make a great team making up answers and new rules to rambones great game.

I assume the word bas stands for bad a$$. *props*

RE: Should players be able to become admins? - TommiTheTaco - 2010.Mar.18 09:51 PM

(2010.Mar.18 09:22 PM)cheetah Wrote:  I think I've stated my opinion, that no one can be that unbiased.

Other than me. All of you guys would be gone, and I'd be the supreme ruler.

My hatred for all goes that deep. Smile