AwakenedLands Forums
Mail from an unknown player... - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Mail from an unknown player... (/thread-1163.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- matt5250 - 2007.Apr.04 11:53 AM

thats true. and realistically, experience should count for a significant portion of combat.

- Markel - 2007.Apr.04 12:06 PM

Of course... It does not make sense. Level is almost nothing in combat.

- syntheticdarkness - 2007.Apr.04 12:50 PM

Markel Wrote:Someone will always complain about the system and a lot of other stuff in the game, but if we count the opnions posted in here (this post) most players are not happy with the actual system.

Well obviously! most of the people in this post are people that hyper leveled and didn't bother to train stats. Plus you can't go off of the opinions of forum posters anyway, they are only a small percentage of the players. A lot of people don't even read the forums.

- Markel - 2007.Apr.04 12:56 PM

I am far away from be a high level and think just the same. And the most active players read the forum, that are the players most interested in making the game even better.

- gepetto - 2007.Apr.04 12:57 PM

Quote:Also, I think we need to have level requirements in some weapons and armour. A low level player with T-450 is a little strange, right?

The T-450 has high requirements: 20 Acc, 15 Str, 10 End. It is also only available for people with a certain level due to it being available only in the underground. Lemme tell you, one can buy 10 End, but that 20 Acc and 15 Str are still a female dog to get.

Quote:Plus: implants the same as weapons? Doens´t look nice. As the a lot of other players I don´t know how combat really works, but what about something like that:
40/35/15/10
(level/stats/weapon/cyber)

Methinks that implants should not be in the list as a separate entity. They improve your battle stats for the purpose of battle. If the battle code has any % for things, upgrades should be contained in the stats category.

- Ushanewnewba - 2007.Apr.04 01:10 PM

TRUE! so like 50/40/10 level stats weapon?

- Markel - 2007.Apr.04 01:29 PM

Quote:Methinks that implants should not be in the list as a separate entity. They improve your battle stats for the purpose of battle. If the battle code has any % for things, upgrades should be contained in the stats category.

I agree with you!!!

- LordSkie - 2007.Apr.04 01:36 PM

Me too.

And effectively, the T-450 DOESN'T have a level requirement. The fact it's in a different district was intended to, but as soon as one person has access to the district with a new gun, everyone has access. If someone wants a new gun badly enough, they'll pay over the set price in order to get it from the person who can, so having an actual level requirement wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

And you can say that people here have hyper levelled without training stats, but correct me if I'm wrong- Chris and Matt have the highest stats in the game, Matt agrees levels should play a part, and Chris hasn't ruled it out. The only people naysaying levels are those that have power trained stats and barely touched levels, so tell me the difference?

- TheGeek - 2007.Apr.04 03:16 PM

I still think the best way to resolve the problem is to cap stats per level. it doesnt negatively effect anyone as you are "losing" any of your stats, they only are effective up to a certain point until you reach the level to match.

- SteelCurtain1979 - 2007.Apr.04 05:45 PM

Cyber-ware is a good idea for the game.
I personally am choosing not to get any surgery ever.
What happens to those who choose not to get Cyber-ware, will they be forgotten in the possible changes?
Should a cyber enhanced player have an advantage over a human player if they are same level? I think, yes and no.

I am getting to far off the topic here.