AwakenedLands Forums
Athletics - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Athletics (/thread-5078.html)

Pages: 1 2

Athletics - Mock8800 - 2008.Oct.10 09:53 AM

"Athletics, Athletic training provides good pay at high levels and great all-around physical training."

No other Career description list good pay. So I assume that Athletes make more money then any other career at higher levels.

Well I know that at rank 10 you make $17 an hour but the Medicals make way more then that at rank 2. So I was wondering what is a high level? Or is the description misleading.

- Rafallol - 2008.Oct.10 09:59 AM

my gues is 100 :roll:
Im level 12 and earn 19$

- buuddha - 2008.Oct.10 10:21 AM

i dont think careers are really meant as a source of income

- Canosoup - 2008.Oct.10 12:18 PM

Then are they more a hobby then? I plan on making my career my main source of income. lol

- Moriarty - 2008.Oct.10 12:19 PM

I cant see the benefit of taking a career to a high level yet, thats thousands of points you could have used for stat gains.

- LordSkie - 2008.Oct.10 02:37 PM

apart from you use AP, which can't be converted into stat gain, whereas career points can.

I think they're pretty good, but I gotta say that I wouldn't object to a payrise. I think a sizeable increase in the wage structure would be nice, so low levels have low payouts, but careers get seriously decent cash at higher levels- $100+ per hour at least for lv 8+. Ok, you're unlikely to get that much in real life sure, but it's a game c'mon! If you were stealing cars and robbing banks you'd a) be getting a hell of a lot more than you are now, and b) wouldn't be working a 9-5 (or 9-9 for overtime) anyway. It's like, some aspects are true to real life (like bank interest and career payout) whilst others are totally not true to real life (robbing a bank netting less than $1000?)

Realism's all well and good I guess, but there's a limit on how realistic you can make it, I don't think a higher payout for jobs that should command a high wage (say politician, medic) would break the game, especially as there's a cap on how many hours you can work and criming will ordinarily still net more cash.

- biffbaffboff - 2008.Oct.10 03:10 PM

If you were robbing banks right now all you would get is IOU'S

- Mock8800 - 2008.Oct.10 03:16 PM

Rob the government instead they got 700 billion.

- buuddha - 2008.Oct.10 03:16 PM

Canosoup Wrote:Then are they more a hobby then? I plan on making my career my main source of income. lol

"i dont think careers in AL are really meant as a source of income"

-=edited=- for cano

Yeah - greatjoe0987 - 2008.Oct.10 04:12 PM

Yeah athletics dont really help your end its a waste of time.