AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Walkthrough tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Marlo

(2009.Dec.16 03:06 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote: [ -> ]energy regen is:

total regen times 15.6% for donators, 8% for non donators

tell every newbie to sit down, shut up, and take it like a champ. we'll all be golden.

or they can read the tutorial Wink Wink

actually i support the questline idea for some starter things, like what the gym does, what crimes do. otherwise, they can read up!

I think the main issue with the tutorial is that it is not the first thing you see when logging in. While I personally think that your tutorial deserves accolades outside of AL, it is not the first thing that a new player thinks of when they sign up.

If the Questline were to start from the first login, and when a directive is sent, it has a footnote directing all questions to the tuturoial, they could work hand in hand with each other in order to best school the player.
It is easy to get to lvl 2 in your first day. Maybe we can point a few things out for them in a questline for lvl 1, and a few more detailed things at lvl 2 (where to buy weapons, what stims do, maybe even hold off the job part till lvl 2)

At lvl 3 the forums open up and travel to industrial so a small questline to get them involved with the community by reading or creating a forum thread and traveling to industrial.

Personally I like the idea of a 5 lvl questline, something to keep their intrest and puch them toward higher lvls. Other things to show them can be how to bust a person from jail, how to use the mail, storage, skills and schooling.
5 lvl questline is perfect, cuz you cant even see the higher level crimes until then
ill keep updating when I have time. feel free to disagree add two penth worth. I just dont think a new player will read a whole tutorial, its very daunting. We need something that will get them to come back 30 mins later
big supporter of these ideas as they probably would have been rather useful when i first began. even so, it doesn't necessarily mean the player pool is going to grow by leaps and bounds, or even at all, because of it. this game simply doesn't appeal to the general population and there is nothing wrong with that. i personally don't think the game is in dire straits like some are alluding to.

that being said and to quote my 'just say no' instructor..."if i can just reach one kid, it is all worth it." it's still a worthwhile endeavor and i wish you (moriarty) better luck than what you had trying to make midlan an aggressive district....which i still fully support.
I'm a big supporter of this as well.

Luckily I had a couple of the Bees to guide me for the first bit. I'd have stuck around anyway since I have a bunch of friends who play, but it definitely helped me focus and get stuff done in an organized manner.

I know one of my referrals has said they were glad they had someone help them and guide them for the first couple of levels as well.

For those people who don't have the benefit of constant hand holding from their referrer or a friend, a questline would be awesome.
(2009.Dec.16 05:13 PM)Troopermccue Wrote: [ -> ]better luck than what you had trying to make midlan an aggressive district....which i still fully support.

That kinda died a death didnt it, might need reigniting
(2009.Dec.16 05:28 PM)Moriarty Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Dec.16 05:13 PM)Troopermccue Wrote: [ -> ]better luck than what you had trying to make midlan an aggressive district....which i still fully support.

i feel a resurgence of that coming..
(2009.Dec.16 06:24 PM)Troopermccue Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Dec.16 05:28 PM)Moriarty Wrote: [ -> ]

i feel a resurgence of that coming..

I'm down
(2009.Dec.16 02:06 AM)Moriarty Wrote: [ -> ]Screen 1 SV removes its allies and makes them available to the community to war without interference.

Edit'd to include the biggest problem in AL.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's