AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Hosp code change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is a spin off of all of the SV being too big controversy.

What if a code was in place where individually you could only HOSP attack a percent of an opposing person's gang (predetermined/computer-randomly selected group)? In reality, if one gang has a physical altercation with another gang and one side has a 7 foot, cut martial artist that is better than and can "take" everyone, he's not going to be able to be in position to locate and attack every person in the opposing gang b/c the enemies aren't going to stand in a circle around the dude and wait their turn to be pummeled.
The trouble with SV is they have TWO members that can beat everyone in the whole game (and they happen to live together). So one or both of them could be online and completely win any situation with a simple credit refresh.
Now....say you only have the ability to attack 25-30% of a particular gang and every 30 minutes those 25-30% randomly change... This would add a positive element to the game b/c if you're in a hosp war-type situation with a bigger gang one person(nuke) in the opposing gang doesn't determine whether your hosp war is immediately lost.
When you click on a gang's member list there should be a column with an H next to a person's name. If the H is green, you can hosp them, if it's red you can't. Every 30 minutes they randomly change to a different 25-30%.
its....interesting...not sure if i like it or not....i guess i dont hate it, but i dont love it either....
(2009.Dec.12 02:00 AM)Duchbag69 Wrote: [ -> ]its....interesting...not sure if i like it or not....i guess i dont hate it, but i dont love it either....

Thanks for fence-riding. Why don't you hate it and why don't you love it?
i dunno, i think it would piss me off if went to hosp someone because they pissed me off and i couldnt because for a randomized reason they are unavailable to be smacked...

on the other hand, being that im not the strongest guy around it would give me a chance to get off a few hosps before someone bigger than me can hit me...

double edged sword i guess...

but maybe im just misunderstanding the idea...
Well, you'd be able to hosp one person as many times as you want, however once you hit a person once, this code goes into effect in regards to the victim's other gang members in relation to your other gang members. ie:if Pun hosps me he can do so and 25% of my gang members but Pun would have to have another online person to use his 25% to hopefully hit the 75% Pun cannot hit(for the next 30 minutes). If RJ hosps me and Cheetah and Pun are both offline and Ush comes on, Ush is prevented from hosping 75% of SV b/c of the limit. This limits the current absolute power of the top 5 players in the game.
This makes the game more enjoyable, too, by the smaller gangs that don't get to develop or become a force due to a rival mid-level gang not being able to compete b/c his/her gang has a bunch of level 25 players the other gang has one level 40 that can beat them all and just b/c the level 40 player is online they can't do anything.

Chymere

[Image: Tom_of_Finland_05.jpg]

OnwardTowardTheGlory

Takes away from the hard work of the stronger players. Even being a low level weakling right now, I definitely oppose this. A fantastic idea to not getting the higher levels to hosp you would seem a) don't make them mad or b) befriend them. This Christmas war was a one-time-a-year event according to many..so it really doesn't count as supporting evidence.
Do we really want to add even more randomized factors to this game.

Nightwind

If you check older treads you will see Hospitalizing people was part of the game to teach others a lesson. Using it all the time to win wars isn't what it was meant to do.
Why don't you deal with the real Problem and just apply a Multiple Attacks Rule to Gang Wars? Is the Game going the way People want it to go? Or are people just not playing as much any more because of this?

NW
Great idea in theory but I disagree.

Everyone in the game strives for superiority. To negate the achievements of those who have put in the time by socializing the idea is contrary to the idea of the game.

I don't like being dominated by SV but those folks have put in a lot of time and deserve what they have because of their dedication.

If we don't like it we have to change it. Put up or shut up.........Scream
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's