AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Exp per fight suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

biffbaffboff

levels 45-50
Max exp 500
Min exp 300

If the opponent sends you to within 10% of your health, i.e critical you get the full 500+bonus

If its 20% of your health i.e critical verging on serious you get 480+smaller bonus

If you rape a hole in someone and take a very minimal amount of damage i.e you are still in healthy, except for 10 damage or something then you get the lowest exp of 300

Somewhere in between working of % of damage for the 360 exp, 420 exp etc

Simples.
it appears exp is based on power levels...this i remember zen saying....since none of us knows exactly how power level is determined its very difficult to say how exp should be calculated....maybe power level should be posted like actual levels...dunno

i do know that over the last year or so the exp code and power levels have been tweaked...ie stronger effects of borgs in fights, less bravery for borgs, less exp for borgs...seems like borgs and skills are the issue here...i would guess that the non borgs are higher exp relative to their power level than the borgs

biffbaffboff

I think power levels are now extinct, or should be extinct.

The exp of a pvp should only be equated to damage recieved.

Base exp for a easy fight
Top whack exp for a really tough battle.

Regardless of power level Twisted
i guess that as well, but its difficult for me because ive noticed that players who are 2-3 slots below me on battle stats (cough qqbig2) and only several levels below me (qqbig2) tear off a HUGE chunk of my HP (60% - 90%), i get the same XP as players 15 levels underneath me who arent even close to the pantheon that deal 1-2 damage per battle.

thats approx 350 XP. fair, huh?
(2009.Nov.06 08:10 AM)biffbaffboff Wrote: [ -> ]I think power levels are now extinct, or should be extinct.

The exp of a pvp should only be equated to damage recieved.

Base exp for a easy fight
Top whack exp for a really tough battle.

Regardless of power level Twisted

so if you get a huge crit in and barely get touched, you get less xp eventhough, in a normal fight against that player, you take damage? flawed too.

biffbaffboff

Regardless of crits, damage taken should be the only way to judge a fight.
(2009.Nov.06 08:35 AM)biffbaffboff Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of crits, damage taken should be the only way to judge a fight.

so someone that doesn't touch you will yield next to nothing. that won't diminish the hit pool.
I know I'm still young, and haven't been around as long as you all have, so please take my opinion with that in mind.

Basing experience on Power Level seems a perfectly reasonable thing to do, in my opinion. (Before you get upset with that, please keep reading)

Since we have people who have power leveled, and are "weak" for their level, and also people who are turtles, and are very strong for their level, basing it off level alone doesn't seem feasible.

We all know that power level is some mystical combination of level and stats. One of the pieces of power level that I think may be skewed is resistance.

I have a couple of targets that used to provide me with around 350xp, and didn't do all that much damage to me.

Now, as I'm raising resistance, they are down in the 225-250 range, and I don't believe I've raised any other stat before the XP drop.

So, it seems possible to me that some people will give really good XP, because their power level is high (maybe artificially so?) because of a high resistance. Maybe people with higher battle stats, but lower resistance do more damage to you, but have a lower total power level than someone with lower battle stats and higher res?

I don't know the answer to those questions, but that's what it's seemed like to me.

I don't know how the rest of you train res, but I tend to do it in spurts. Go for the next set of armor, then stop. Every time I've done this, my XP has dropped drastically after maybe 3 or 4 levels of res.

Perhaps it's time to revisit the formula and lower the affect res has on power level?

Or maybe raise the bottom amount of XP you can get at a certain level?

Normally Xavier Halcon gives me around 350XP. I beat him yesterday, got the "Due to the difficulty of this fight" bonus XP, and got 262XP out of the fight, so I'm sure the XP range is rather large per fight.

I also agree that if we base it solely off damage taken in a fight, Cheetah will quit in about 3 hours. Since I'm sure she takes damage from very few people.

I dunno, just rambling here...
TOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo LOnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg to read
Bah, it's not like you've got something better to be doing on a Friday morning!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's