AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Veterans Day / Remembrance Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Rabble, rabble, rabble.

I've got my pitchfork, who's bringing the torches?
(2009.Nov.02 06:59 AM)chance Wrote: [ -> ]How about we find Mongo and get our f'n candy back.

+1

badmanbren

I'm 18 the 12th , maybe we can have a party for me?

drasticjasper

Um wow all this talk of Thanksgiving to come and turkey shooting contests and Halloween past and the fun we had is neato keen and all but as a former United States Marine who served his country it kind of made me feel sad that not a single reply in this thread had even a thank you to say to the armed forces who defend us with their lives...irregardless of whether you believe in the government or the politics that sent them overseas right now men and women are overseas far from their homes and loved ones serving their countries and possibly paying with their very lives...so Veterans Day/Rememberance day on November 11th isn't a fancy dancy "feel good" holiday about treats and stuffing your face, I'll admit, but it is a day to stop
and at least take notice of the solemn duty some have performed for the sake of all....way to be shallow peeps...and to whoever started the thread thanks for at least trying Smile doesn't seem like anyone else could give a rat's ass about us vets and the fallen we served with... Sad
(2009.Nov.02 08:15 AM)drasticjasper Wrote: [ -> ]Um wow all this talk of Thanksgiving to come and turkey shooting contests and Halloween past and the fun we had is neato keen and all but as a former United States Marine who served his country it kind of made me feel sad that not a single reply in this thread had even a thank you to say to the armed forces who defend us with their lives...irregardless of whether you believe in the government or the politics that sent them overseas right now men and women are overseas far from their homes and loved ones serving their countries and possibly paying with their very lives...so Veterans Day/Rememberance day on November 11th isn't a fancy dancy "feel good" holiday about treats and stuffing your face, I'll admit, but it is a day to stop
and at least take notice of the solemn duty some have performed for the sake of all....way to be shallow peeps...and to whoever started the thread thanks for at least trying Smile doesn't seem like anyone else could give a rat's arse about us vets and the fallen we served with... Sad

I just woke up and saw this. I do agree that we should thank the Armed Forces for the continued effort in keeping our freedom free. So, a big thanks to all branches!

(2009.Nov.02 08:02 AM)badmanbren Wrote: [ -> ]I'm 18 the 12th , maybe we can have a party for me?

Or not.

badmanbren

Well done armed forces, your duties are much appreciated.
Now maybe, on the 12th, party for me?
(2009.Nov.02 08:15 AM)drasticjasper Wrote: [ -> ]Um wow all this talk of Thanksgiving to come and turkey shooting contests and Halloween past and the fun we had is neato keen and all but as a former United States Marine who served his country it kind of made me feel sad that not a single reply in this thread had even a thank you to say to the armed forces who defend us with their lives...irregardless of whether you believe in the government or the politics that sent them overseas right now men and women are overseas far from their homes and loved ones serving their countries and possibly paying with their very lives...so Veterans Day/Rememberance day on November 11th isn't a fancy dancy "feel good" holiday about treats and stuffing your face, I'll admit, but it is a day to stop
and at least take notice of the solemn duty some have performed for the sake of all....way to be shallow peeps...and to whoever started the thread thanks for at least trying Smile doesn't seem like anyone else could give a rat's arse about us vets and the fallen we served with... Sad

+1. Semper Fi, Devil Dog.

<---- (currently active duty Navy and was hoping someone would have the response you did).

This one'll be a bit tougher for some of us too. If you guys read the news and saw that 2 Navy pilot instructors were lost/killed last week in a T-34 training accident off the coast of Corpus Christi, TX... I was in the same fleet squadron as one of them. One of the first times I've been so closely touched by losing someone I was a peer with and worked with. Great guy. He will be missed.

http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/30/s...ne-pilots/

The goofy stuff to do on here does sound fun though... not gonna lie! Just everyone take a minute and remember those who we've lost and why - no matter your country of origin.

ClosedCasket

* looks up from his news paper and waits for an ignorant post to appear*
(2009.Nov.02 08:26 AM)badmanbren Wrote: [ -> ]Well done armed forces, your duties are much appreciated.
Now maybe, on the 12th, party for me?

Still no.

badmanbren

Was worth a try I guess.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's