AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: I am utterly torn....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I own a t-350, a ares battle cestus, an combat axe, a scimitar, and I can't decide which way I want to go.

Shotgun seems good because of its regular hits, good overall damage, but lacks those sexy big number crits. It can also do decent damage as a hideout weapon.

LBM has some silly high crits and the current best high level/ endgame weapons. Has no use whatsoever in hideout attacks though.

I already have 4 levels in SBM, and it is working out pretty darn nicely. The problem is, I will be using this cestus for a long time, as the Ionized Cestus's stat requirements are ridicilous compared with a cestus. And for some reason, at lvl 12 I could whip anyone, anytime, anywhere, and three levels later I am midgrade, at best. Whats worse, is if I stick with SBM, from lvl 25- whenever i get my ionized cestus, I would be utterly outmatched as I won't have much in the way of armor penetration.

Pistols interest me, as they seem to be the best all around weapon, like a shotgun with better PvP results.... but i haven't used one extensively in combat to know for sure. But there really are no good uniques to work towards with pistols...

I need some help......

EDIT: some grammar before mudpie sees it.
Any is good,

but economically speaking, youll never be able to re-sell your old cestus weapon, much less buyers on the market

Weebay

The secret best weapon is the rifle.
Scimitar from what i remember is a great pvp weapon...but it is horrible in hideout hits... If your not a heavy donator, long blade is great for its low endurance requirements....

If your not a warring player then long blade is pretty good choice...of course im a little bias being a long blader....

ClosedCasket

If you went shotgun you would probably pawn me again.
I support the shotgun!
shotty
I agree with Weebs on one thing,
If I went back to ranged, I'd be a rifle guy through and through,

gotta recommend LBM though,
like you said , nasty crits, coupled with high avg hits as well,

sure hideout attacks aren't great, but I've hit for 48 with mine with 3 lvls military assault, it's not huge, but it ain't bad,
averages mid 20s-30s, couple bad ones mixed in with some good ones, but overall not a humongous trade-off, especially once you get to the higher LBMs, the hideouts aren't that bad to warrant going in a different direction

shadowinc

long blades are great pvp, but are not that great against hideouts
(2009.Oct.09 08:03 PM)Weebay Wrote: [ -> ]The secret best weapon is the rifle.

Please elaborate

ClosedCasket

I can hit for 50s with shorty against most hideouts
sv is a different story
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's