AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Weapon Upgrades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

DavidHume

Here is an idea that I have been thinking over for some time, it is the concept of weapon upgrades. Perhaps you don't have enough cash for the next weapon up, or you don't have the stats, you could instead by upgrades that would marginally improve your existing weapons, instead of going for an entirely new weapon:

Like a Laser Aiming Module for Pistols/Rifles/SMGs/Shotguns that would give a very slight bonus to the likelyhood of a hit.

A Match-Grade Barrel or Armor-Piercing Rounds would give a slight increase to damage.

Or a Sharpened Diamond Edge for Axes/Swords/Daggers/Blades/Hammers that would give a slight bonus to damage with every hit.

A Balanced Grip or Gyroscopes for melee weapons that would also give a slight increase to the likelyhood of a hit.

These upgrades could be purchased by players, then installed on weapons by someone with a high engineering rank for job points.

If you put enough of these upgrades in the game people could personalize their weapons, ie: The Punisher's Pistol would be a very specific weapon belonging to him, and so on. It could be limited, so for example, only three upgrades per weapon or something, so there would be no abusing this to build god-like weapons. This would also allow people to compensate for their flaws. For example, if I do lots of damage but miss a lot, I could put upgrades on that increase the chance of a hit and vice versa. Please don't judge this idea too harshly.
dont you think its a little complicated. the current idea is simple and works. if you want a better weapon train for it... makes sense.
Like some borgs for weapons???Eek
(2009.Sep.21 02:56 AM)Batman Wrote: [ -> ]Like some borgs for weapons???Eek

clap clap for the handicap.

Fallout

This game needs more of a player driven economy in my view. Players should be able to create things like weapons, armor, ammo and upgrades to enable more of a strategic element.

Everybody pretty much owns the same generic stuff. Why not spice combat up a bit and add some variables to make it more interesting instead of the occasional random nonsense that currently exists?.
(2009.Sep.21 05:50 AM)Fallout Wrote: [ -> ]This game needs more of a player driven economy in my view. Players should be able to create things like weapons, armor, ammo and upgrades to enable more of a strategic element.

Everybody pretty much owns the same generic stuff. Why not spice combat up a bit and add some variables to make it more interesting instead of the occasional random nonsense that currently exists?.

a little something different would be nice.

ArmorOfGod

I had this thought too,,, like your weapon rating can be; depending on it's quality up to like 12,

so freshly bought it is 1/12 and through cash or activity you may be able to increase it to max
i love this idea. good job i'd love to see something like this implemented.
i'd like to see a left-hand monkeywrench added to the weapon list.
I would like to see the addition of Rumspringa to the game.......

(for our Amish brothers )
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's