AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Idea for energy refreshes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

thawdgharp

As we all know, it costs 2 credits per EP when using an energy refresh. This is why they are seldom used.

A level 20 player with 8 EP isn't going to want to use 84 credits to fill his EP bar. (Unless he's rich and/or crazy)

How about if you could refresh energy in increments of 10?

Sample layout in the donator house:

Energy refresh:

10 EP - 20 credits
20 EP - 40 credits
30 EP - 60 credits
40 EP - 80 credits

and so on.

Would this be a bad idea? If so, explain why (in detail, please).

thawdgharp

or maybe even an option:

(clickable text) Energy refresh: 2 credits per energy point

then when you click on it, a new screen appears:

"How much energy would you like to purchase? _____
(reminder: you will be charged 2 credits per EP!!)"

Scorpious

WOW. A 499er with a good idea. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K Elm. You seem to always have good posts and ideas even though the last one was hijacked.
I think this is a great idea too. Keep them coming. Not just you but everyone. More ideas and suggestions we all make for the game the better it will keep getting. Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Thor

I don't understand the
Quote:A level 20 player with 8 EP isn't going to want to use 84 credits to fill his EP bar. (Unless he's rich and/or crazy)
part.

It cost 2ep per energy you want to refill, whether you're empty or halfway, you still pay 2 per.

For me, a refill means to refill something to full not to half or 1/4th. Not saying this isn't a good idea but I don't see the point, my opinion.

Dresicos

I agree with Thor.
Its like buying half a tank of gas, if you only need that much.
For some reason I like this.. You know sometimes I don't feel like going full, sometimes I just want enough to make an attack.. i would definitely support this idea, does anyone see any negatives?

Scorpious

I do not see any negatives with it. I actually think it is a good idea to refresh just enough to do what you want. Some people may not want/need the full amount either. Good point there Ush.

thawdgharp

is my idea dead yet?

Dragon

Nope, not yet. I can still hear a heart beat. So, perhaps have an input field where a user can type in the amount of energy point(s) that is desired. Purchasing in small chunks could possibly not be enough or go over a user's maximum energy capacity, thus potentially wasting credit(s), unless a user was only charged for the energy point(s) that were/was gained.
Reference URL's