AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Two ideas that i think would be interesting for implementing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's an idea,

a new option from the "donator house" tab,

perhaps trade credits for temporarily double AP/Energy refresh gain.

keep the cost moderately high of course, to prevent people from exploiting it willy-nilly,

but for X amount of creds, your eng/ap refreshed rate would be doubled, or perhaps increased 25% for a limited time, ie, an hour or less.

thoughts?

--------------------------------------------

Another thought, as to not waste two threads,
perhaps altering career abilities a tad,
as has been suggested many times,
but a small tweak with a practical and interesting switch that would make choosing a career even more interesting.

My proposal:
a unique abiliy per each career that when incorporated would provide temporary boosts to gang members training.
This would be done on other members of you gang, unallowed for personal use, in an attempt to avoid people just using the tweak to further gain more from what they already have via their own career.

The idea is this:
a unique ability, per each career, with a decently high career rank to incorporate, which could be used by expending career points on an individual member of your gang to increase the recipients gym train results, for a limited time, on a specific stat.

ie,
Military pros would show another member the ropes a bit, the recipient would then be able to recieve temporary gym train bonuses on a specific skill, in this case resistance.
Construction workers could take someone under their wing and run them through the grind of the construction field, giving their recipient a temporary bonus to their strength gym training, etc

obviously each career would offer a perk to an individual stat, one closely related to their work, to help people training a certain stat get better results for a time period.

Of course,
this help would come from a price, I'd recommend that the career points spent to start the "training" should be moderately high, and also (as a result from a professional taking valuable time from their respective careers to share there knowlege of the field) should also not be allowed to enable the perk if they've worked any hours that day, and also that they cannot work afterwards as well, til server reset.

This would help with balancing, as career points are so important, using this perk comes at the heavy cost of not being able to earn any of their own career points for a whole day.

However,
I think it gives careers more involvement, especially with interacting with other characters of the game, encouraging diversity and teamwork.

A friend is say working hard to upgrade an Accuracy lvl, perhaps his mate who's a supervisor in "Engineering" can take a day to help him out a bit, increasing his trains for an hour or so, (or any other determinate time).

Perhaps a bit down the road, our generous Engineer is working toward beefing up some strength, and his construction buddy can return the favor.

Nothing super-powered here,
just a small tweak involving teamwork and sacrifice between friends to help people achieve their training goals.

Thoughts?

p.s.
if you read all that page you can earn a cookie,
most people don't read long threads

Cheers
not bad, but i think there is WAY to much sacrifice just to help someone else out for a hour or so.. maybe just like 50 CP for a hour of bonus, but you can still do the work after/before.

however, people would then pay people to give them bonuses, then spend thousands of dollars and get like insane trains in that hour. = awesome for rich kids, not so fun for people tight on budget.
No. Donators have the advantage on the first one. Not sure what I think of the 2nd one.
(2009.Aug.05 02:16 AM)shadow55 Wrote: [ -> ]not bad, but i think there is WAY to much sacrifice just to help someone else out for a hour or so.. maybe just like 50 CP for a hour of bonus, but you can still do the work after/before.

however, people would then pay people to give them bonuses, then spend thousands of dollars and get like insane trains in that hour. = awesome for rich kids, not so fun for people tight on budget.

I slightly agree with you on the 50 CP. But I don't think it should be just ONE hour.

I believe you should be able to pick how many hours, up to 3 hours. Career points start out at 50 for the first hour, 60 for the next hour, and 70 for the third hour. Just to help from rich kids donating a bunch of money to get insane gym trains, you could also remove recipent's privilege to refresh their happiness/energy with credits within those 3 hours that their gym trains are in tact.

For the first one, I like it and it's been suggested a lot, so don't know how that will work out.
Reference URL's