AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Cyber Removal system (indepth)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheGeek

OK, while I am not a fan of the idea of cyber removal (as I'm sure I've made pretty clear) I did have a pretty cool idea about how it could more effectively be implemented as well as make it more entertaining. For starters we'll get the things out of the way that have already been talked about.

Depending on which cybers you have in, you may remove them for a fee that is dependant on how much humanity was lost when the cyber was implanted. For example, you chose to pay $350,000 for a +1 strength enhancement which also cost you 0.45 humanity. To remove this cyber you would pay $75,000, lose your strength bonus and be returned 0.40 humanity. Conversly, if you went cheap and paid only $75,000 and 0.85 humanity for your +1 strength, you will now need to pay $350,000 to have that cyber removed and be returned 0.68 humanity. In this fashion, humanity bought back remains at a semi-constant cost ratio and no one can say they paid less for a 6 month stat boost than someone else in terms of dollars.

NOW comes the fun part of the system. You can't just go in and have these parts taken out of you. What will you use to replace them?

Black market organ sales. A new crime that awards different organs for successes such as eyes, dermis, muscle and cartilage. These items can be bought, traded and sold by players however they are illegal and can be siezed (if you are jailed with them in your inventory they are confiscated) We could even go so far as to randomly assign all players with a specific blood type (A, B, AB, O) and you would need to be implanted with a matching organ of this type. They will also only last for so long before deteriorating, this should help keep their value up and it just makes sense. (whos gonna want an eyeball thats been in your pocket for 10 months?)

I think turning this issue around into something fun for all the players and will alleviate alot of the hostility some are having about it right now, not to mention, we all love new stuff. What do you think?
thats in depth man....... nice work

buuddha

that could be pretty cool.
i love that.. but i think we should be able to use that for more then just cyber removal, as i dont think many will use cyber removal...
(2009.Jul.30 07:05 PM)shadow55 Wrote: [ -> ]i love that.. but i think we should be able to use that for more then just cyber removal, as i dont think many will use cyber removal...

Eh, well, I know sooner or later I might get one or two implants, but I won't become a cyborg. Not my kind of thing.

I just think that those that messed up in the way beginning and went all out when these came out will probably use a few cyber removals lol.
yeah, but thats all, after a few weeks or a month noone will be using them.. the organ crimes will die. if there was another use for them it woudl be good, maybe some organs decrease the cost of getting a cyber implant? or decrease the humanity loss etc..
(2009.Jul.31 12:17 AM)shadow55 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, but thats all, after a few weeks or a month noone will be using them.. the organ crimes will die. if there was another use for them it woudl be good, maybe some organs decrease the cost of getting a cyber implant? or decrease the humanity loss etc..

I like the whole decrease the humanity loss from a cyborg implant but I don't really see how it would decrease the cost of one.

I mean, if you already have an imported organ, how are the doctor's going to know that? That way, when they put another one in you, your humanity doesn't go down as much as expected, and you're fine.

But if you already have one organ implanted, it'd be the same as adding onto the implant or adding one to a different part of your body. Therefore, NOT decreasing the cost of the implant.
if you do a crime and gain a organ (eye, muscle etc.) then the doctors wont have to order in the organ (which can cost a fair bit...) and therefor be cheaper Twisted
(2009.Jul.31 02:51 AM)shadow55 Wrote: [ -> ]if you do a crime and gain a organ (eye, muscle etc.) then the doctors wont have to order in the organ (which can cost a fair bit...) and therefor be cheaper Twisted

Well, yeah. But they'd ALSO think the first organ you got implanted had already decreased your humanity. I mean, the cost decrease sounds fair now that you've explained it a bit more; the humanity score decreasing sounds good, though.

Jrone88

Wow did a really good job. i love the idea
Reference URL's