AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Gang PvP / Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

xSleekx

Just thought it'd good way to bring wars back and make the gang wars interesting again if ...

When a player loses PvP in a gang battle that the loser's hideout takes damage equal to his level. Thus if a level 20 beat a level 18 in a gang battle, then the level 18s hideout would take 18 damage since he lost.

I know theres some tweaking that would need to be done with hideout hit points since this would in essense weaken all hideouts with the extra damage everyone could be doing but on the plus side it would make leveling and gaining GP go hand and hand and wars would be much more common...would also make it good to war similar strength gangs as opposed to what it is now which is trashing a much weaker gang.

It'd definately be a help to all the small gangs since they could level up and gain GP at the same time and for the big ones it'd make the game interesting again though it may be a bit rougher but I imagine they'd get a kick out of it since most of them are bored anyways.

TheGeek

I have a better idea. How about we have OPTIONAL old school gang wars where, if you run out of respect, your gang is destroyed. This would be an option that gang leaders would have to opt in for, however you recieve more rewards than just respect, you accumulate cash per week based on your gangs respect level and you may only war other opted old school war gangs for this respect.

I never did like the pillow fight changes that went in, call me old fashioned but your gang and slots was something very dear to fight for and I loved doing it.

xSleekx

(2009.Jul.29 04:00 PM)TheGeek Wrote: [ -> ]I have a better idea. How about we have OPTIONAL old school gang wars where, if you run out of respect, your gang is destroyed. This would be an option that gang leaders would have to opt in for, however you recieve more rewards than just respect, you accumulate cash per week based on your gangs respect level and you may only war other opted old school war gangs for this respect.

I never did like the pillow fight changes that went in, call me old fashioned but your gang and slots was something very dear to fight for and I loved doing it.

Wish I coulda been around to try that. Sounds interesting though it'd suck to run out of respect and I can't help but imagine one gang getting all of it or at least no one ever challenging them so they'd be stagnant etc so wars would be very intense but would only occur like once a month between two gangs.
i personally don't see how you could have both war types coexist. i think it would be cool to bring back a contest or something using the old war style but am not sure that i would like it being the standard.
(2009.Jul.29 04:00 PM)TheGeek Wrote: [ -> ]I have a better idea. How about we have OPTIONAL old school gang wars where, if you run out of respect, your gang is destroyed. This would be an option that gang leaders would have to opt in for, however you recieve more rewards than just respect, you accumulate cash per week based on your gangs respect level and you may only war other opted old school war gangs for this respect.

I love you man

TheGeek

(2009.Jul.29 04:22 PM)Troopermccue Wrote: [ -> ]i personally don't see how you could have both war types coexist. i think it would be cool to bring back a contest or something using the old war style but am not sure that i would like it being the standard.

Easy. Anyone who wants to continue with hideout wars does nothing but business as usual. Those who want old school wars opt in and are no longer warable by the hideout wars, instead they become completely destroyable and are only in respect wars.

I like it too!

Fangorn

I haven't been around very long, but it seems to me the Gang Wars need to be spiced up somehow, and Sleek's idea seems like a sweet one to me, although I must admit i don't know enough about to workings yet as to how it would balance out.

I'm guessing this idea has already been suggested, but how about getting EXP/develpmentpoint/cash or something for hitting/defending hideouts?

Kokozama

The amount of whining that would ensue with respect wars now in AL(after having been cushioned up over the years) would be of an astronomical level, you'd never here whining on such a level. People whine over anything and everything they can nowadays. Losing an XX slot gang would cause most to have a nervous breakdown.

biffbaffboff

Have to post this again as I won't stop till its implemented.

My plan for District control by gangs would work like this.

All gangs who want to control DTD would add their names to the war.Same for midlan etc.You can only add 1 distric to the gang.I.e your gang gets one shot at one district.All districts would be up for grabs.

At a set time its gang war free for all.Who is to say the big gangs would win? Lets suppose 10 small gangs collude to take down sv's,collaborate and make a fight of it.Once sv's is destroyed they could fight it out with each other.This tactic would add more to the game through family association and allies.The last gang standing wins the rights to be paid daily 3% of all crimes committed in that district and 10% travel.Any weapons or items purchased would also get a 5% payout.

The winning gang would have control over the district for a week.Then the names go into the hat again.No gang can control any district for more than 2 weeks concurrent.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's