AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Fight the cops option and Jailtime should increase your rep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

shardster

I think that when committing a crime one should have the option of fighting off the cops. This probably has been raised before but I think it could be great. I would love to see heavily increased prison sentence for failed attempts as well as major experience gains for successfully thwarted arrests.

Also, in the name of realism I think jailtime should increase either experience or reputation. Most real life criminals view prison as a place to hone their "professional skills" and connections, not simply idle neutral time as it is presented in this game.

I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks.
Also look in http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=933

It has some of the same "requests"

oddjob

i read what shardster was suggesting as totally different that what is in your "reputation for jail busts" thread.

frankly i do like this idea a lot, nad am kinda surprised i dont remember seeing it mentioned anywhere.

so for all failed crimes where you get the red "cops take you to jail" message, instead you get another choice.... like "run", "fight", or "serve your time like a chump"

as for the prison thing, there should almost be another reputation stat... like underworld reputation in addition to the "reputation" which allready exists.....or maybe the bar would start at 0 but could go to negative numbers... you could take lawfull jobs for positive gains, or underworld jobs for negative rep gains or something similar.
It's more of an add on but I agree also I like it.

shardster

"so for all failed crimes where you get the red "cops take you to jail" message, instead you get another choice.... like "run", "fight", or "serve your time like a chump"

Exactly, or maybe even a Snitch option for those facing heavy time, lose some reputation but get out of jail free. I know i've seen Snitching mentioned on here before and I imagine it would probably only be worth it for the higher ups, but I think it would be a great addition.

In fact I'm just going to go all out and say i think that Jail should try to emulate the show OZ as accurately as possible sans the sodomy perhaps... There should be prison gangs, commisary, drug dealing, contraband smuggling, prison fights etc.

I predict that once Jail becomes a more engaged experience the games popularity will skyrocket.

hawk187

Not sure about adding the whole sodamy part to the game I think Err and Zen would have some coding issues there. I like the option when you get caught but options in once in jail will be rarely used, most ppl that enter jail with more than 100 minutes of jail time are busted out within 5 minutes. I would like to see the efforts put into different parts of the game instead of prison just my .02

shardster

Let me be VERY clear, I said SANS sodomy, which means WITHOUT sodomy. I also do not think that sodomy should be a part of the game.

I want this to be VERY clear.
Reference URL's