AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: steroids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Loki

how bout it?

better gains at the gym, but expensive, and possibly also at the cost of some other stat... (endurance? hit points? INTELLIGENCE??)

steven2006

thats an awesome idea to bring crimes, drugs, and stealing together. have ourselfs quite a game lol....i think its a good idea
already have the trainer for this Razz

Loki

trainer? what are you talking about?

yeah, I noticed the trainer Smile I'm talking about taking it a step further with steroids - again, bigger gains at the expense of other stats. trainers do very little and only cost $.

matt5250

so you mean like permanent stat decreases in like int, for increased gym gains while you are on them?

hawk187

I always thought something else decreased when you were on steroids?? Don't think I would sign up for those if it meant losing intel.

LordSkie

I would Razz

I'd say instead, there's no ill effects for using them, but when you come down off them, your happiness takes a hit, and reduces instead of regenerates. Say one dose of steroids lasts an hour, for two hours afterwards your happiness goes down by 10 every tic. Or something like that. Maybe using them more can increase the comedown too- after using 5 doses of steroids, you now have happiness reduction for 4 hours.

matt5250

thats not a bad idea, it'd be interesting what you could do if you made them cost permanent decreases in end and/or int. each dose could last like half a day and kill some small percentage of your int and/or end but give you some stat gains. then if you use consecutive doses, during the second dose, you get even better stat gains but more permanent loss to your intel/end. each consecutive time you use them you get bigger and bigger stat gains and bigger and bigger int/end loss. would be interesting.

LordSkie

I dunno, I think consecutive uses should give similar gains, but worse penalties- like drug use in real life. You get a decent high at first, with the low not being so bad. Then as you get more hooked, you need more of the drug to get that high, and the comedown gets progressively worse due to using more of it. If the penalty is intel, it should be a set amount each time, IMO- possibly taking off your levels worth of intel.

This is getting a bit complicated I think, but it'd be a cool idea... say you need 24 hours to flush 1 dose out of your system. You get the bonus and penalty as normal, and provided you don't touch steroids for the next 24 hours, you suffer no further penalty. During those 24 hours, HP regeneration is halved. If you do take more during this time, the HP regeneration returns to normal , and the penalty remains the same, but you need 48 hours to fully recover, and go back to square one.

Along those lines anyway, would help massively limit abuse of steroids unless people truly don't give a damn about intel.

Also, if you get brought to 0 intel (which should be possible) you get a lengthy hospital sentence (few hours maybe), when you get out you have very minimal intel (like 0.1) and you still have the steroid comedown. If you take more whilst your intel is dangerously low, you go straight back to hospital.

*edit* ok, this is getting TOTALLY messed up. It makes sense the way I have it here, but the BBcode is screwing it up. And I can't turn it off. The sentences are getting jumbled.
Reference URL's