AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Economy of awakenedlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

shadowinc

Economy i feel is falling behind alot here of late, with the cost of credits on the market, why has the housing not went up in value in awhile,i know you all will say i am either drunk, high or out of my mind, but the credits is kinda like the stock market and when the stock market goes up so does real estateWinky
Cardboard box for the win
(2009.Jul.07 08:22 PM)shadowinc Wrote: [ -> ]Economy i feel is falling behind alot here of late, with the cost of credits on the market, why has the housing not went up in value in awhile,i know you all will say i am either drunk, high or out of my mind, but the credits is kinda like the stock market and when the stock market goes up so does real estateWinky

Unfortunately, if you're going to involve real-world economics, then one must also take into account the law of Supply and Demand. I guarantee you that the supply will always outweigh the demand, as the supply is infinite, and the demand is finite.

Chicoleet

You are actually wrong about the housing market being good when the stock market is up. The two of them actually fluctuate up and down opposite to each other. The key is that people put their money in markets that are doing well in order to make more money. when the stock market is up, the housing market is usually down because the majority of the poeple investing moved their money to the stock in order to gain a bigger return. And this happens in the opposite manner too. Today the stock market is down and the majority of investers are buying houses in droves. the only factor that is different in our situation now is that their is such a flood of houses on the market due to the extensive foreclosures that happened.

Hope this helped and i dont know why i felt the need to explain it. oh well

mrbadmood

At the time I am writing this, there are 4317 credits for sale on the market, while the game stats indicate 276,178 total credits in circulation. In other words, the credits on the market only account for 1.5% of the total credits in circulation.

The economy of AL may or may not be doing well, but the credit market in and of itself makes for a poor barometer.

Madmartigan

Does someone actually buy credits or housing in AL as an "investment"?

If not, we can't really apply any "real world" economics in AL - it's not like we're saving up for retirement or tuition fees, just looking for a way to boost our stats and equipment in order to climb up the foodchain... Wink
i think the question we should really be asking is, when is the ice cream going to get here?

TheMace

The AL markets are crazy these days.

In the Lycan Legion we have our own Credit Market with fixed credit price.
We have our own Item Market with gang discounts.
Our own interest free loan scheme.
And we have different houses that we share between gang members
(2009.Jul.08 06:46 AM)TheMace Wrote: [ -> ]The AL markets are crazy these days.

Nice advertising Mace... great spot for it too! Wink Most gangs have their own prices makes good sense imo. Cool
(2009.Jul.08 06:46 AM)TheMace Wrote: [ -> ]The AL markets are crazy these days.

Oh yea, here at the XPats we have drug problems and are too broke for housing. Put that in you pipe and smoke it!

(dime bags 3 for 20)
(LSD 7 per hit)
(lid, how much is in a lid)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's