AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Online attacks and stimpacks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was told that stim packs are cheaper than they were before. However, there is this "unwritten rule" about attackaing online. Well, Zen straight up said there was NO rule on online hitting. However, I feel it does take away from the game, and that if everytime I log in I have to use very expensive stim packs to get out, I won't play. (I still wil Smile) So my suggestion is to make stim packs even cheaper so the regulars can by them often, thus promoting more online hits and less complaining about it, i feel this idea wil add to the game dynamics.

oddjob

i do like the idea... in theory. i guess the problem with it, in my opinion, is that for high level players, stimpacks are already pretty cheap. $500 is almost nothing to me, and at any given time i carry at least 15 to 20 small stims.

but i do remember those days when 500 dollars was much harder to come by.

making them cheaper across the board would be a bad idea, i think. to the poorer, lower levels, a reduced price would still be a lot of money. to the high levels, a hospital stay would become just a minor inconvenience.... the cost and then some could easily be recouped by a successful crime.

i dont know if this would defiantly happen, but i think it might create even more disparity between levels

during war, attacks would become almost meaningless, and force long term hospitalizations to make the same point.

outside of war, higher levels could attack over and over on recently online targets without fearing too much resentment.... leveling up even faster and distancing themselves further faster from the low.

in not sure how to fix this.

one idea, maybe as an organized crime a gang could raid a medical supply depot with a chance to steal a shipment of some random hospital equipment...

or even a regular individual crime where instead of earning cash and experience, you attempt to swipe some stims from the hospital?
I think no matter what, players will still complain about logging in and finding themselves in the hospital. I don't think it has anything to do with stimpack price. No one likes logging in and being in the hospital (or jail).

This is what's puzzling to me...

Sales for stimpacks have always been low. When prices were cut in half, sales didn't increase at all (yup, it's tracked). Players didn't buy more, they just paid less. There was a small spike initially, but the ratio of income compared to units sold has remained the same.

Normally a player logging in to find themselves in the hospital will be in there between 10 to 30 minutes. This is $500 to $1,500 in stimpacks. For low levels this might be expensive, but once you reach mid levels (around 7th or so) this cost is not too bad and at high levels the cost is pretty insignificant (perhaps 1 or 2 car crimes).

People don't invest in stimpacks. Those who do still complain about being in the hospital.

Thor

Not sure anything will be done after reading Zen's answer (and I agree with most of it) but if you guys want anything to be done for the lower people, you could put the stim packs with a price based on level price.

So it would help the new guys and ultimately, be a little more important to the high levels, who are most often the people at war and hospitalized -zing.

Say
For a level 1, small stim = 50$
For a level 10, it's around the 500$ current price
And for a level 20, it would become like 1000$

Making it more balanced for every level, those price would definitely start to show in the richest pockets and hospital time would have a little more impact.
hydro9226 Wrote:Not sure anything will be done after reading Zen's answer (and I agree with most of it) but if you guys want anything to be done for the lower people, you could put the stim packs with a price based on level price.

So it would help the new guys and ultimately, be a little more important to the high levels, who are most often the people at war and hospitalized -zing.

Say

Making it more balanced for every level, those price would definitely start to show in the richest pockets and hospital time would have a little more impact.

Variable-costs based on level for any transferrable item would have to block the trading of said item. I am sure you can see the potential of exploitation if those items could be transferred.

Sam I Am

zenith Wrote:
hydro9226 Wrote:Not sure anything will be done after reading Zen's answer (and I agree with most of it) but if you guys want anything to be done for the lower people, you could put the stim packs with a price based on level price.

Say

Variable-costs based on level for any transferable item would have to block the trading of said item. I am sure you can see the potential of exploitation if those items could be transferred.

In other words...
A level 20 would just give his money to a level 1 to buy his stim packs and then Zen would make stim packs nontransferable which means you couldn't help someone out in the hospital.

Smile

TheGeek

Definitely not a good idea. Can't tell you how many times i've forgot to restock on stimpacks (that darn trip to rural is expensive!) and logged in to the hospital. If my gang mates couldnt mail me a pack, It'd become an inconvenience, rather than a 'doh, silly boy' kind of thing.

Thor

Guess I didn't think too much on that 1... Point taken.
Reference URL's