AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: AL Community Boost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

TheMace

Does anybody else think that AL needs a boost from its members to continue its revival?

The forums went dead for a long while and the number of active users dropped a lot. But now some of the players are coming back, the forums are alive again, rivalries are heating up and we have some new players that are sticking around and enjoying the game. Lots of gangs are thriving, new items are coming out and they have been thought about a lot, as they incorporate career abilities into them.

The question is though what can we do to make sure we still head in the right direction?

I think the answer lies in increasing the player base even further. Firstly, small rewards for voting are going to be critical in making sure that everyone votes, getting us further up the charts and making more people give AL a try, it’s a free way of increasing advertising exposure.

Secondly, a welcome mail directing people to the tutorial guide and making them feel good about the game right from the start is a must. I mail a lot of new players and try to keep them interested in the game, but as more people join then it will become more difficult.

Thirdly, we all need more referrals (yes I know it is ironic coming from a guy with no referrals), but I have just realised how important it really is. Referrals are more likely to stick around than people who find the game by chance. Everyone should join a forum for your favourite band, get to know a couple people and then hit them with a link to AL (proven method, lol).

I want us to reach 2000 active members…go!
Make a stand in geek, AA and military conventions.

ShadowKid

lol i dont think we will ever reach 2000 active players on this game simple.
If we ever do ill eat my own words.

-SK-
Quote:Users online in the last 24 hours - 641

ShadowKid

lol god its hard to get to the 1000 mark aint it.

-SK-

TheMace

(2009.Jun.28 05:17 PM)JohnnyB Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Users online in the last 24 hours - 641

Well we now have our starting point. Only 1359 to go.

In september im going to put my free printing to good use by marketing AL leaflets to a whole new year of university students.

After a couple weeks most students here are too skint to go out and are too bored to do uni work...so i have a captive audience! lol
check that war page...woot...24 now active
Something to celebrate Pun?
boredom

ShadowKid

ahaha pun.

-SK-
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's