AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Strength with Ranged Weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Kokozama

OK people, I was just wondering what some of you guys' thoughts were on the strength stat with guns. All the time throughout AL I have usually kept my strength between 1/2 and 2/3 of my accuracy stat, generally believing strength had little to no effect on my critical or hits at all, although, I have seen increasing popularity in many ranged people growing their strength along side other stats and sometimes past accuracy. Crazy I was thinking, but there seems to be a hella lotta people bringing strength right the way up for guns.
So, I know I'm not going to really get a definite answer here but I'd like to hear some of your theories about how much strength plays a part on weapons.
Do heavier weapons such as shotguns require more strength than accuracy?
Do heavy strength requirements suggest heavy effects when powered with strength?
Does strength play a big role with guns at all?
Just waiting on a tl;dr.

ryanpearce

You need strength in shotguns to equip them so i presume they play a part in that.

xSleekx

I'm no expert but after a thread asking about critical evasion and how it relates to encumbrance I have a feeling that all things are simpler then they may seem lol.

Accuracy "plays a small part in melee weapons" and its probably true vice versa ... I don't know why you'd keep the stats the same but I personally keep my accuracy at about half my strength since I'm a melee user. To me that seems reasonable unless zen or err tell us the exact amount each point of str or acc help either way.

About the str req on a shotty...I really doubt that weapons that require high int get any kind of bonus during combat from having high int though maybe I could get THOR'D on that one since it's only what I guess.
Acc and Dex for ranged
Str and Dex for melee

That is all you need to know

Kokozama

What? Has everyone abandoned res now?
res is for armor you didnt ask about that
i've had to jump in on this one multiple times now..

zenith said that acc affects ranged a lot and melee a little

dex affects all weapons and all defense for dodging/hitting

resistance is "supposedly" a special skill that affects everything (but i have not seen this personally)

strength affects melee a lot and ranged a little, and supposedly improves criticals and slightly improves resistance (And lowers encumbrance).

also, if the BATTLE stats are required, you SHOULD exceed them before using the weapon! i.e. if a weapon required 10 acc and 5 strenght, have 13 acc and 7 strength before using it! etc!
I don't understand Poptart, please explain more clearly.....
(2009.Jul.01 05:37 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote: [ -> ]i've had to jump in on this one multiple times now..

zenith said that acc affects ranged a lot and melee a little

dex affects all weapons and all defense for dodging/hitting

resistance is "supposedly" a special skill that affects everything (but i have not seen this personally)

strength affects melee a lot and ranged a little, and supposedly improves criticals and slightly improves resistance (And lowers encumbrance).

also, if the BATTLE stats are required, you SHOULD exceed them before using the weapon! i.e. if a weapon required 10 acc and 5 strenght, have 13 acc and 7 strength before using it! etc!

(2009.Jul.01 06:07 PM)Dingus Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand Poptart, please explain more clearly.....

Strength does effect ranged damage. Particularly, it supposedly effects critical and resistance. It also makes you harder to hit because it effects your max load, thus making you less encumbered with the same gear.

However, Accuracy, of course, effects range the most.

He also reminds us to have stats at least a little above the minimum requirements.
I was being a wiseass acccipender.......lol
Columbo'd
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's