AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: New crimes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Thor

Is it possible to see more crimes for computers? There's only a weak 5 AP 1, that doesn't reflect reality much as there is more and more hackers everyday around the world. Smile

Would be fun to see another higher drug crime, a top notch 1, like a full operation, 28-30 ap.

Also, since this is based on a life of crime, let us bribe the teachers, 1 day less of school for, I don't know, heavy amount of money or credits? Maybe put like a max of 3 days per course or like 10-15% % of the days a course requires?

Just a few suggestions for new crimes, opinions?

matt5250

I like the idea of reducing course times, but I think it should be done with energy or AP instead of money or credits.

Thor

I thought about them but it wouldn't really be a challenge if you can reduce your school time by 1 day using like 40 or 50 energy and plus, it wouldn't be fair to the lower levels. Unless you were thinking of like 1 hour per full energy or AP? And still there, energy or AP replenishes kinda quickly but say hmm, 25k or 200 credits don't come back by themselves.

TheGeek

I would say that the benefit of the classes versus their time cost may need to be looked at and possibly changed. For me, 200 resistance in 21 days for 4k (i'm tryin to remembe those numbers off my head) isn't that much of a value.

matt5250

actually it would be the fairest way. If you set it to, for example, 4x your full energy for one day off the course with a maximum reduction of 25% rounded up I think that would work, that would let people looking for work stats get them more quickly.

oddjob

i think the courses should stay as they are. if you dont see the cost / time as having enough value for you, you dont have to take the course. the gains of the course arent large enough to be overly unfair for those who choose or cant afford to go to school.

spending energy on a course to finish it faster makes no sense to me. you enroll in school & the course schedule/ syllabus is planned out. just because you work harder/ devote more time than your classmates, doesnt mean you get to take the final exam any sooner than they do.

maybe you could devote energy towards studying, so that when the course finishes, you have a chance of improving upon the base stat gains, but i dont know if i see a need for that, and i think there are many other more important aspects of the game which deserve higher priority on the "to be tweaked" list, than schooling.
Reference URL's