AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Skills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheGeek

I would love to see a skill system implemented to coincide with stats. Marksmanship, Spying, Brawling etc to name a few examples. Provide bonuses to certain things or give new abilities such as having a chance to view a players equipment or stats, or provide +% to hit or + damage to melee or ranged attacks. Limit the number of skill points you can have as opposed to stats that are more or less infinite that way no one can do everything.

TheGeek

I'm going to expound upon this a little bit. First, let's say, for example, that we get a 200.0 max on skill points. and Each skill has a possible max of 100.0. This gives you 2 skills you can max out. Skills such as:

Marksmanship - provides a .01% chance to hit with ranged per skill point (maximum of 1% to hit bonus)

Firepower - provides a damage bonus of .1 to range attacks per skill point (maximum of +10 damage)

Brawling - provides a .01% chance to hit with melee per skill point (maximum of 1% to hit bonus)

Heavy Hitter - provides a damage bonus of .1 to melee attacks per skill point (maximum of +10 damage)

Snooping - provides a chance to peak into someones belongings once a day, .1% chance per skill point (maximum of 10% chance to snoop)

Judgement - provides a chance to realize someones stat rating once a day, this stat is determined at random. .1% chance to judge per skill point (maximum of 10% chance to judge)

Athelete - provides a bonus to your current jobs endurance gains per day. .5% of current job gain per day (maximum of 50% endurance gain bonus)

Scholar - provides a bonus to your current jobs intelligence gains per day. .5% of current job gain per day (maximum of 50% endurance gain bonus)

Economics - provides a bonus to your current jobs pay per day. $1.00 per skill point for a maximum of $100.00 per day.

Sneak - provides a .01% chance to bust someone out of jail per skill point. (maximum of 1% to bust chance)

Ingenuity - provides a .01% chance to bust yourself out of jail per skill point. (maximum of 1% to bust chance)

Obviously these are just some examples, I wouldnt want these skills to be too overpowered, just provide a bit of uniquenes between characters. And to gain a single .1 skill point I would say that it costs 100% of your energy or action points. Instead of a flat number.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?
I like the Ideas but think the percentages should be slight bit more.

More on the firepower could have different types of ammo (hallow points, nerve agent tipped, etc)

oddjob

i really like any idea that has adds more variably / customization, although i realize it might not be the simplest thing to implement

TheGeek

Lil tidbit from a mail conversation I had with zen, I don't have it in my inbox anymore so i'll just summarize, basically she said they had been working on a skill system since before christmas, but as always (and rightly so) bug fixes come first. So maybe we'll see this in the near future.
Reference URL's