AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Trade In Values?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Weebay

This I'm sure has to have been mentioned at some point, but I don't feel like looking.
The trade in values of our weapons is so insanely low that it makes me wonder if Broyles, Ares and others are subsidiary companies of GM! You take a worse bath on your weapons than you do trading in a GM product!!!!

Obviously we have the option to trade our weapon and take a huge hit on it, or we can sell privately for a negotiated deal. Why is there no option to trade it in at the store when purchasing a new weapon? The trade in value seems to resemble a situation where you need cash fast and don't have the time to haggle, so you just take the cash and accept your loss. The stores however should offer us more money for our weapons, being that they would then resell them, of course their price would be contingent on you purchasing a new weapon at that time.
Of course we could always just introduce a program that would entail the leasing of weapons with the option to buy at the end.

shadowlinger

I agree with this. Zen can we get this changed i think in the long run it will help alot of people out. One of the main reasons i havent cleaned my storage out lol.
The trade-in price is low on purpose, it's been set that way to encourage people to use the ingame item market, and the trade forums, instead of just dumping gear to NPC-land, and having it disappear into deep nether-regions of purgatory, never to be seen again!

Buy used,
save an old weapon from extermination
The community isn't large enough to allow the higher levels to sell off their stuff. I.e. I'd bet that a lot of the level 50 items would only be useful to less than 30 people. So if someone goes on to a level 60 item, to whom are they going to sell their weapon?

Weebay

(2009.Jun.03 05:47 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]The community isn't large enough to allow the higher levels to sell off their stuff. I.e. I'd bet that a lot of the level 50 items would only be useful to less than 30 people. So if someone goes on to a level 60 item, to whom are they going to sell their weapon?

Exactly, that is why I think the stores should offer you more money when you purchase one of their "new" weapons!
On the other hand, I think that the community should be able to purchase it for the price that you would get by selling it. Perhaps you post it on the Trade Mod as usual, and if it is at or below a certain price for a predetermined time (say 1 week) then it is sold to the NPC Flea Market at the asking price. This way, you can rid yourself of a useless item, have the chance that it go to the community, and have the money within a week or so (depending on the predetermined time.
I think it should be higher, I think im the only person in the game using the Federated Arms Medium Assault right now and when the time comes I'm sure I wont be able to find a buyer. Just like, likewoah and his FN 2000...

PS - woah Ill pay 50K up whatever the trade in price is if it gets upped.

Fallout

Fact of the matter is very few players will buy a weapon they are not skilled with reducing the target market significantly.

At the very least trade in prices for weapons need to be reviewed.

buuddha

(2009.Jun.03 04:41 PM)Prophesy Wrote: [ -> ]The trade-in price is low on purpose, it's been set that way to encourage people to use the ingame item market, and the trade forums, instead of just dumping gear to NPC-land, and having it disappear into deep nether-regions of purgatory, never to be seen again!

Buy used,
save an old weapon from extermination
bump.
Reference URL's