AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: New item?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lucky Shamrock
Item Type Collectible
Legality Legal
Availability Rating 100
Concealment Rating 14
Weight (kilograms) 0.1 kg
Standard Price $1
Trade-in Value $1
For those who did well in the St. Patrick's Day contest in 2009, they received a lucky shamrock. With limited uses, each shamrock can give random lucky benefits to its owner in combat for a limited time. Benefits can be any of the following: full health refresh, full action point refresh, full energy refresh, melee damage bonus, ranged damage bonus, damage resistance bonus, or longer lasting combat. One or more of these effects could be enabled each time the shamrock is used.

http://www.awakenedlands.com/iteminfo.php?ID=288

buuddha

hah!

great idea zen Winky

delpot

interesting...

i have some questions concerning this item.

...assuming im due one that is.
(2009.Apr.12 07:39 PM)delpot Wrote: [ -> ]interesting...

i have some questions concerning this item.

...assuming im due one that is.

+1 Smile
i think it should be lifetime since after all wining is a hard thing to do, instead of temporary

buuddha

zen has told me she would like to stay away from permanent items like this because they always just end up in the hands of the rich.
(2009.Apr.14 12:41 AM)buuddha Wrote: [ -> ]zen has told me she would like to stay away from permanent items like this because they always just end up in the hands of the rich.

I don't remember using those exact words, but that does seem to happen most of the time. Bandit

buuddha

yah it was a few days after st patty's day and i messaged you with the idea about the 4 leaf clover that could be equipped that would give special powers, like +50 hp, happiness, attack power, ect.
you said it was a good idea but you are were trying to avoid items that were permanent because they usually ended up in the hands of rich players.
The shamrock has been released to the top 3 of the St. Patrick's Day contest. They provide "luck" for a short time. They can be used once per day, and their effects can stack with other bonuses. In testing, on their own they were very powerful. When stacked with career and gang bonuses, they were pretty crazy. My suggestion is to use the shamrock AFTER the other temp bonuses are used.

For example, in 100 attacks using a Shogunate against a combat dummy (an opponent that just absorbs damage), my personal results were as follows...

Average damage per hit of 248.3 with new item bonuses on first attack.
Average damage per hit of 204.1 with new item bonuses on second attack.
Average damage per hit of 143.8 with no new item bonuses.

Your mileage will vary. For those who do use them, please let us know what effects you get and how your next attack is (if you got any combat bonuses that is). I'm curious as to how these will alter combat results.

buuddha

very cool zen!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's