AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Innovation: Charged Weaponry And Armory.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's the thought I've been sitting on for a while.

I've been thinking about the newest NPC's and how we're constantly improving belts. Well, the newest belt is pretty damn good, but belts are getting old. So, putting a protective charge within the in-lays of the armor as an added perk would prove to be a very professional, and potentially very beautiful, work of art. Also, an outward charge upon weaponry to inflict more damage would do the same thing. It would lure people in.

However, the problem with the belts is that everyone can use them. Perhaps the newest NPC's are in cohoots with each other and fitted together a legitimate business, much like Ares or Broyle's, to produce better, more efficent equipment for higher level folks(stats exceeding 30 in certain areas and progressing with the type of armor and weaponry the charges are tagged on to).

Example: AL/SiC series armors. Higher resistance and endurance stats(For the added weight of the inner mechanics of the armor), plus the addition of a reputation stat of 2-3(This will happen to all the armors, and get higher as they go up, seeing as this business will be for the higher-end folks with more pull. Kind of like Government selling project weapons to the military or something of the like.)

I'd like some opinions. I think this could be a nice addition to the game and keep everyone a little more interested.

DirkDanja

huh Eek
Huh as in 'Dunno what's going on' huh, or Huh as in 'That's a good idea' huh?
hmmm
as long as rep isn't added as a requirement i see no problem
i'm assuming it'd have to be charged periodicaly and that without the charge the armor would work like an old one
(2009.Mar.24 08:31 PM)Lucky666 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm assuming it'd have to be charged periodicaly and that without the charge the armor would work like an old one

Bingo. However, the reputation would be a requirement. Getting a hold on such prize-worthy items would be held to the ones who know their ground and know their bounds.
Thats an interesting idea, something that could indeed be instituted in the future.

But not until careers and abilities are brought up to date and a few other necessaries are instituted.
also some new crimes are in order
we really need them

DirkDanja

(2009.Mar.24 08:30 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote: [ -> ]Huh as in 'Dunno what's going on' huh, or Huh as in 'That's a good idea' huh?

huh as in those items would kick ass huh

to bad my rep is low
I like it. But.

I'd like to see then all the small armors have belt fusing capacity too.

The armor quality itself should not prevent the belt type (or charge power) you may use in it.
Dunno what to say about your statement, Preacher, that wouldn't make me look kind of like a jerk..

Belts require no stats to use, so the lower levels can hook themselves up with a belt to do the same thing as a charged armor(If Zenith is interested and makes the armors with the same kind of charge as the belts).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's