AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The ability to attack people in Federal Jail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

FaceOwner

While I'll admit I have gained alot of experience from this, I don't think it's right. I think we should only be able to attack active users and therefor face humans who wont be happy about the constant attacks.

Hitting the same inactive user multiple times a day with no consequence is basically like gaining free experience from a lower level bot.

That's just my 2 cents. What do you think?

Scipio

well we are phasing in lower level bots...seems alright to me.

i8kevin

Shhhhhhh, Thats what I have been living off of from the beginning.

matt5250

it's not free, it requires you to be stronger then them and it costs energy.

LordSkie

Well, I agree with not hitting fed jailed people, but for different reasons...

You can't hit people in jail... why should you be able to hit them in fed jail? I think for realistic reasons you should only be able to hit non-jailed people, personally.

But I'm all for auctioning their stuff away!!! Twisted
This is a good idea and a 1-line change in code. If people are for it, then I will make the fed jailed become off-limits to attack.

matt5250

meh, doesn't really affect me but I can say it was welcome when I was in the lower levels. personally I like it, they are kinda like npc's. which the game needs a few more of.

JubeiK

Hitting people in fed jail should stay. Its not like you can just hit anyone in fed jail if they are stronger then you then your not going to do it, cause you loose and once you get past them in level, to a certain point, your not going to hit them cause it doesn't give you enough ex points.

Nightrain

or you could always give it a cost.

think of it this way. its a contract hit and the person doing the attacking has to be in jail to do it .

this will force people to evaluate if the exp is worth the jailtime. as the level goes up the jailtime increase

oddjob

it doesnt affect me, but i think its kinda nice for new players to have those targets to attack.

Faceowner: you do admit that you gained alot of exp from this...so why change it now...casue youre starting to outgrow its usefulness? if it helps new people level faster without the threat of retaliation, i thinks its kinda a good thing. sides, by that logic, no one should be able to attack inactive users either (the ones who dont show up on the search, but are still there and attackable)

id dont see either as being potential "loopholes" either, cause theres only so far you can go attacking these people, and believe me it aint far.

so maybe its not so much of a "jail" but more a medieval style public stockade - you know those things with the head and arm holes u get locked into and then the community can come by and throw tomatoes at you as a constant and public reminder of your shame ? whats wrong with that Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's