AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Outage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our server outages have been repaired. There was a major hard drive malfunction that caused some serious data corruption (RAID 5, 2 drives lost). But, thankfully everything is exactly how it was prior to the crash thanks to a healthy hourly backup script.

I personally apologize for the downtime. We are pretty frustrated with the outage, and I can only assume everyone who has joined our community felt the same. We have been with our current host for various other web sites for 9 months, and the server had never had an outage (was up the entire time).

Hopefully the downtime hasn't dampened everyone's spirits. Again, we here at Awakened Lands apologize for the lost day.

Feel free to discuss possible solutions to our hosting problems if you'd like in this thread. Any advice or recommendation is welcome.

Dragon

Is the server that this game is hosted on actually your server? If not, then it might be a good idea to invest in one. All that I know is, if I were to make a game of this magnitude, then I would most surely have my own server. Having a game like this on a server that is not yours is like playing with fire.
whew, this is good news. so glad the outage was repaired
Reference URL's