AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Loan Sharking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive had another one of my daft ideas that has come late at night right before bed at my most creative part of the day...

Okay, this idea is loan sharking to help players fund houses faster.

Players can, based on their level loan out cash to Awakened Lands bank.

Awakened Lands will based on how many people that has loaned them cash, loan out cash to players in return for a 2-5% weekly fee, payed in on sunday. If people dont have the needed amount on sunday, they're current house will be sold and amount taken out of bank account 50% bigger.

Amount to loan out to Awakened Lands bank could be 25 000 x Level

Amount to loan could be 10 000 x Level

No matter how fast you pay back, there will have to be a 5000 fee to loan, 4000 to the player loaning the cash, and 1000 to the bank for negotiating the deals.

matt5250

I like this idea other than the flat $5000 fee and the 50% increase upon default. I think it should be a 5% fee added right when you take out the loan and if the loan is defaulted on then the bank just takes the house.

ShadowDude

could you get some kind of house morgatage deal going mabye. if you have a loan shark then you get out $100000 cause of your level then you sell your house down to a shack and then launder the money on another accont. Some people have done that in other games and it wrecks it... if the money went into purchasing power and make it untouchable then it might make it eaiser for idots to not stuff up the game
thats easy to fix, make it so that you cant sell house while you have outstanding loan Razz

matt5250

ya, I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue, for one you could do what dru said. for another Zen is pretty good at catching people with dual accounts.
Have the loan part of the estate area and basically doing a morgage thing. That way the game keeps the "title" for your home and if you don't pay, the house goes right back into circulation (For Sale), Or it can become a "hud home" on the new Estate market and other players could buy it for 15% over the remaining cost (as long as it didn't go over the original amount).
yeah that sounds nice!
Reference URL's