AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: permanent career bonuses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know i've brought this up before, and i know its here somewhere (where i suggested a specific bonus for every career, numbers changeable, such as a 5% bonus to resistance when you reach level 15 or 20 military, or a 2.5% bonus to ranged damage for engineering, something like that..)

but

what about a permanent +1 to a skill when you reach level 15, sort of like a borg??

level 15 martial arts - +1 combat evasion

level 15 military - +1 armor handling

level 15 construction - +1 to melee weaponry (pick 1 or maybe +1 to all??)

etc..
Please Zen!

Aqualung451

Right ON! gives more of a reson to save up cp's Biggrin
glad to see youre in agreement Smile i have several ideas regarding permanent bonuses, as, if u ask me, a ONE time use for many things (one time acc bonus, one time evasion bonus, etc...) doesnt seem really plausible when they cost so many CPs.. other careers, such as construction and medical, have some more plausible bonuses. hmmm :/

Aqualung451

I don't mean to hijack your thred, so pm me and I'll remove this.

I think it would be good to have ppl in the same career, and same gang able to do somthing together. Perhaps a + for the gang on a skill. Working the same way as the +'s for pvp combat.
an example; 3 ppl with military skill could each use an amount of CP's and select armor handeling. The gang would then all get a +1 on that skill for (say) a week. Then the three would do it again, and so on. Limit the amount of skills and Pluses to 1/3 of the gangs current members.
(2009.Mar.09 08:33 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote: [ -> ]i know i've brought this up before, and i know its here somewhere (where i suggested a specific bonus for every career, numbers changeable, such as a 5% bonus to resistance when you reach level 15 or 20 military, or a 2.5% bonus to ranged damage for engineering, something like that..)

but

what about a permanent +1 to a skill when you reach level 15, sort of like a borg??

level 15 martial arts - +1 combat evasion

level 15 military - +1 armor handling

level 15 construction - +1 to melee weaponry (pick 1 or maybe +1 to all??)

etc..

You know just because constructions helps with str does not necessarily make it a melee career... some of the shottyies require alot of friggin str to carry them. So i disagree with your melee suggestion.
well, i think that there should be SOME form of a bonus for them that is permanent. would +1 to gang war repair be better? i mean, whatever works Smile or +1 to military assault, or something of that nature.

theres really a possibility for every single career, as every career has a potentially relative skill..
actually I'm wondering if demolition will ever be introduced since it is also a well used process of construction... Winky
possibly Smile whatever the case, i'm all about the possibility of permanent bonuses. even if they cost something, like reaching level 15 and then they cost 2,000 career points for a permanent bonus, even if u change careers. kind of like a sign that you attained something very tough to earn
Reference URL's