AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: why are there so few people playing this game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

FaceOwner

only 328 users? whats up with that?

matt5250

I think it's starting to pick up though, the last fe days have seen a large number of new players.
Ever since we added the google adsense to the forums, we've been using the extra cash generated on advertising. It's had a direct impact on our sign-ups as well. We've seen an explosion of sign-ups the last few days. The more we make with the adsense ads, the more we will spend on advertising to help the game grow.

Jack Daniels

Everybody look at them from time to time!!! I'm told by a friend that it is our civic duty to do so! lol

**Edited by Zenith**

The Adsense terms of service states sites cannot persuade users to click on ads. It also states we cannot give incentives. Thus, I am required to edit these types of posts to make them vague at best. Sorry.
So let me get this straight, if we check out a couple of ads from time to time, this benifit the game, possibly benifit the company of the ad, and benifit the person viewing the ad. IMO I think that everyone wins! You don't HAVE to view these ads but from time to time their might come an ad that strikes your interest therefore helping everyone in turn! Biggrin
True, but Google's terms of service state we cannot persuade people to click ads that they wouldn't ordinarily click. If there is a link you see that is something you are interested in, by all means do what comes natural. But telling people to click for clicking's sake is against their rules. It's considered "click fraud".

supergirl260

Eaglefreak Wrote:So let me get this straight, if we check out a couple of ads from time to time, this benifit the game, possibly benifit the company of the ad, and benifit the person viewing the ad. IMO I think that everyone wins! You don't HAVE to view these ads but from time to time their might come an ad that strikes your interest therefore helping everyone in turn! Biggrin

well technecly only if you buy something does it benifit the company placing the ads otherwise they lose money
supergirl260 Wrote:well technecly only if you buy something does it benifit the company placing the ads otherwise they lose money

That's their risk of running ads! All companies that run ads should expect some loss for the sake of that 1 or 2 that buy

matt5250

true, ads are specifically meant to get you to the site, after that they know a certain percentage of the poeple who visit buy things. so as long as the ads get people there, the people paying for the ads are happy.

spyder83

Right along with ya, Eagle, right with you; but then again Im not so empathetic towards corps either
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's