AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Odd Level Syndrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Scipio

There is a trend that I have been noticing for quite a while now. When I am on odd levels I take much more damage when I attack people as compared to when I am on even levels. This trend has persisted in such a way that I no longer think it is my imagination or just luck. It is like the effect of armor or dexterity is greatly reduced or cancelled out entirely. The difference is such that when I attack the same people, if they normally do say 50-100 dmg when I am on an even level they will sometimes kill me when I am on an odd level. Has anyone else noticed something similar? If so I would ask that this be looked at as it is quite strange.

matt5250

I have noticed this as well. I attack a lot so I get a good idea of how much damage people do to me. as soon as I advance from an even level to an odd level the amount of damage people do is routinely 3 times as much on average. people that I attacked 50 times on the even lvl and failed to ever do more than 60% damage at the absolute maximum will start doing 60% at minimum and kill me fairly often. I notice it at every single odd level, and I always tend to die a couple times because I try to attack the same people I was attacking before.

Scipio

So yeah...lvl 19 and it's happening again...anyone else posting their comments would be good, I would really like this to be addressed because it is rather frustrating and odd. It only happens on the attack, not on the defense as far as I can tell.

ShadowDude

Today i tried to attack someone that i usally pwn and i almost lost to him because i was hitting 10 and 11 max hits instead of like 100 200 ones so yea whats with that

Scipio

I dunno Zen/Err fixed the problem I was having, perhaps this is a side effect of that?
ShadowDude Wrote:Today i tried to attack someone that i usally pwn and i almost lost to him because i was hitting 10 and 11 max hits instead of like 100 200 ones so yea whats with that

You are probably getting the REAL results now Smile

ShadowDude

Lol probbaly... :oops:
OK, now I see what Scipio and Matt were talking about, Zenith said they fixed they odd/even level problem when attacking but here lately (within the last 2 to 3 days) I've noticed that alot of the people I normally attack and defeat easliy now I am either coming to a draw or there winning. Anyone else getting this problem again?

matt5250

well, they fixed the major issue. Is it possible that the people you usually beat are catching up to you? lets put it this way, before they fixed it, when you attacked on an odd level, it basically looked as though it ignored your resistence and armour, because every hit was close to full strength. that was the main issue we were having and it was fixed properly so I don't know what you are experiencing.
Reference URL's