AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Fist Fighting Ideas.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Since there had been thoughts of boxing tournaments, and that 'fists' option has been looking at everyone since the beginning of their AL career, I woke up with a plot this morning to bring back this method of fighting.

1) In some forms of Martial Arts, your hand/fist is considered a knife/rock. So, fists could be classed as short-bladed melee or blunt melee weaponry, or perhaps both, and play by a different set of rules for building damage done to opponents.

2) Martial Arts/Kung Fu is a mastery of a grand array of disciplines. So, every skill rank(In all skills) that you build towards your character helps to build the damage of your fists. Basically playing by a different set of rules than the other weapons.

Concerns:

1) 'We didn't have this kind of opportunity when we were first starting out.'

Solution 1: The little guys don't have their foot planted in the game. They don't have the skills, stats, or equipment you have, so they'd have to come up to your level of power to fight back.
Could make an arena where you can't use any equipment, and all you have to use is your fists, martial arts career ability, pugilism skill (would be new), and perhaps a trainer. Could be interesting.

DirkDanja

If thats the case then go for it
maybe even have and entrance fee and a winners pot
and then what about spectators or placing bets on who you think will win
could even go so far as to hold tourneys here
zenith Wrote:Could make an arena where you can't use any equipment.

:shock:

Sounds fun.
DirkDanja Wrote:If thats the case then go for it

I don't think Zenith wanted to make a competition out of it. Just have a place to go and fight other peolpe with your fists.

TheMace

A place for people in a particular career to go and fist each other :shock:
BUM FIGHTS, WOOOOOOOOT! NO COPS HERRR!
Mock8800 Wrote:
DirkDanja Wrote:If thats the case then go for it

I don't think Zenith wanted to make a competition out of it. Just have a place to go and fight other peolpe with your fists.

Actually a place where you can bet on the participants would be cool. Maybe even make fights go in actual rounds over time so each side can change up strategy until it's over. Perhaps competitions where there is a champ could become a tradition in AL.

Say both sides have to agree on certain parameters such as number of rounds, start time, and bets. Both sides pick their strategy and then click submit. Once both sides have submitted their strategy the system calculates the outcome. If no one wins after round one, both sides get an event to do the same for round two. Rinse and repeat until there are no more rounds or someone wins.

Spectators can place bets on the outcome. System automatically doles out the winners cash.

I didn't think all this up just like that. At one time I was thinking of having players train their own underground fighters for this. Smile

shadowlinger

^^^ GENIUS I TELL YOU!
Could also implament the old style of attacking, per round have different options:

Uppercut; hook; jab; cross; side kick; front kick; (Chuck Norris) roundhouse

then have head; body; legs

OR

attempt counter (for the defensive type)
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's