AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: SS Waffen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

BadLuck

And back on topic

You pound HeinrichHimmler to a bloody pulp. When you are satisfied at the pool of blood laying at your feet, you slip off into the shadows.
Experience Earned : Hospitalizations do not earn experience.
Hospitalization Time : 193
I would say fine, it's for shock value and to get everybody to write about it on the forums. You got the reaction you wanted, congrats. But at some point it should have been changed. I support your right to change your name and gang to what you want, but I think the "joke" was over a while ago and wasn't really funny to begin with.
buuddha Wrote:
TealJade Wrote:
Weathers Wrote:I disliked it more before he changed the gang description.

I don't think he changed it himself, it wasn't changed when I went to bed and it is now. He hasn't been on in the mean time.

JaySin Wrote:as ive stated before... there are plenty of games that incorporate nazi's and racism and it is my belief that if you dont like it dont play it. but eh what do i care it is just a game afterall.....

I don't want to play the games that promote or use Nazi images or names, I want to play this one. I don't like the image it sends out to new people either.

so you dont play Call of Duty 5?
or Wolfenstein?
or doom?

come on guys. its not THAT big of a deal.

and I don't remember nazis in doom. they were mars aliens I thought
+1 Previous post....Damn your fast diggitalbudda

buuddha

TealJade Wrote:
buuddha Wrote:so you dont play Call of Duty 5?
or Wolfenstein?
or doom?

come on guys. its not THAT big of a deal.

1. No I don't play any of those games.
2. Not a guy, thank you
3. I believe it has too many historical connotations to be considered a "joke"

teal : ok so do you not play them because of the nazis or do you just not play them
guy was being used as a general term.

digibuddha: sorry, i forgot bout the aliens, but i know there are many games like that.

buuddha

hardasgranite Wrote:For those who deem the name inoffensive the Holocost is a distant memory that was brought up in history class or occasionally viewed on the history channel.

wrong. i know a lot about WWII and the nazis, one of my favorite topics. i dont find it offensive because its just a joke. he doesnt want to kill anybody or anything, just get a sic laugh. he doesnt believe in all that stuff, he just loves the shock value.

to the people who are offended, do you not watch stand up comedy? i have heard things on cable television that is 100 times more offensive then that name.

im not trying to defend this guy, im just saying that people are going overboard with this. if no one would have said anything, he would probably have changed his name to something else by now and it would be over with.
^^ exactly buuddha. People dont understand that they are being played. It might be a stupid game but it sure is fun.

Now i've changed my name and if y'all give me a chance i can change the gang name. What dont you guys like?

buuddha

absolutely nothing wrong with lesbians in my book!
buuddha Wrote:
hardasgranite Wrote:For those who deem the name inoffensive the Holocost is a distant memory that was brought up in history class or occasionally viewed on the history channel.

wrong. i know a lot about WWII and the nazis, one of my favorite topics. i dont find it offensive because its just a joke. he doesnt want to kill anybody or anything, just get a sic laugh. he doesnt believe in all that stuff, he just loves the shock value.

to the people who are offended, do you not watch stand up comedy? i have heard things on cable television that is 100 times more offensive then that name.

im not trying to defend this guy, im just saying that people are going overboard with this. if no one would have said anything, he would probably have changed his name to something else by now and it would be over with.

You are correct. I failed to mention that most of the folks here are intellegent and educated. I would say that the reference to the SS can be a lightning rod to those whose families were affected. Video games are something you are making choice to indulge in. Here it could be said that you are forced to swallow it whiether you like it or not. Much like a smoker who smokes on a bus and is then chased of by the nonsmokers.....Kind of a weak analogy......
Bottom truth, people just love to be offended, so that they can play the part of the good guy. It's a way for people with low self respect or a poor self image to build it up, "Today I dealt with a e-bully that used a bad word"

Just get over yourselves. Everyone has a family that has been affected by everything. Suicide, cancer, holocaust, genocides etc We all can wave great sad stories.

Most of the people reacting to people using names that can be associated with Holocaust, are 2nd/3rd generation kids of survivors, I doubt you need a shrink to cope on a every day basis. And if there are any 60-90 year old survivors reading the forum, I really do think they can differ from a kid wanting to use a "cool" name and from the inhumane acts from 60 years ago.

I f'n hate the lynch mobs here, you start winding each other up. Seeing who can beat a little newcomer to a pulp to change his name.

So I am gonna read the entire thread and take the weak parts side, I hope you will enjoy the lynch mob better when you have resistance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's