AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Gang Chat Rooms?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i dunno if this idea has been tossed around but i think a gang chat room would be interesting or helpful...it would save from sending countless messages and cluttering inboxes and such...other gamess that i play on the internet have chat rooms and its a lot better than sending messages..

DirkDanja

We already have these...they're called gang forums
You forget msn.
yea but i wish zen/err could implement a java type chat into the game.

BadLuck

It would be nice, but I think would also cause lots of lag, especially if you wanted one for each individual gang Neutral
it would be a ton of coding and it would give the server a beating. great idea, but highly doubt it would happen. even in games like samurai of legend that has 250,000+ registered users, their servers arent strong enough for individual live chat boxes. just not gonna happen

and i want a gang forum Sad
We had IRC, but that failed after a few days both times. I think gang chat rooms are a much better idea than a public chatroom because the need for moderation is almost non-existent.

I think when you get down to it most people already use MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Skype, or GoogleTalk already. If there is a nice off-site chat system out there that someone is familiar with we can take a gander at it.
People would just need to use teamspeak or Ventrilo.

Free and effective.

BL00DYHAZ3

Already been discussed go search.
zenith Wrote:We had IRC, but that failed after a few days both times. I think gang chat rooms are a much better idea than a public chatroom because the need for moderation is almost non-existent.

I think when you get down to it most people already use MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Skype, or GoogleTalk already. If there is a nice off-site chat system out there that someone is familiar with we can take a gander at it.

i stand corrected Smile
Reference URL's