AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Athletics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Athletics, Athletic training provides good pay at high levels and great all-around physical training."

No other Career description list good pay. So I assume that Athletes make more money then any other career at higher levels.

Well I know that at rank 10 you make $17 an hour but the Medicals make way more then that at rank 2. So I was wondering what is a high level? Or is the description misleading.
my gues is 100 :roll:
Im level 12 and earn 19$

buuddha

i dont think careers are really meant as a source of income
Then are they more a hobby then? I plan on making my career my main source of income. lol
I cant see the benefit of taking a career to a high level yet, thats thousands of points you could have used for stat gains.

LordSkie

apart from you use AP, which can't be converted into stat gain, whereas career points can.

I think they're pretty good, but I gotta say that I wouldn't object to a payrise. I think a sizeable increase in the wage structure would be nice, so low levels have low payouts, but careers get seriously decent cash at higher levels- $100+ per hour at least for lv 8+. Ok, you're unlikely to get that much in real life sure, but it's a game c'mon! If you were stealing cars and robbing banks you'd a) be getting a hell of a lot more than you are now, and b) wouldn't be working a 9-5 (or 9-9 for overtime) anyway. It's like, some aspects are true to real life (like bank interest and career payout) whilst others are totally not true to real life (robbing a bank netting less than $1000?)

Realism's all well and good I guess, but there's a limit on how realistic you can make it, I don't think a higher payout for jobs that should command a high wage (say politician, medic) would break the game, especially as there's a cap on how many hours you can work and criming will ordinarily still net more cash.

biffbaffboff

If you were robbing banks right now all you would get is IOU'S
Rob the government instead they got 700 billion.

buuddha

Canosoup Wrote:Then are they more a hobby then? I plan on making my career my main source of income. lol

"i dont think careers in AL are really meant as a source of income"

-=edited=- for cano

greatjoe0987

Yeah athletics dont really help your end its a waste of time.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's