AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: researching crimes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

matt5250

I was thinking about money sinks for the game, and in particular something that players would be interested in. I came up with the idea of being able to research a crime. How I thought it should work Is that you pay x dollars, depending on the difficulty of a crime. maybe something like, (AP required)*(AP required)*10. and then it would take one or two days to complete the research and after you have completed the research you can find out what the probability is that you will succeed, fail and get caught. there could be another page set up that lists all the crimes you've researched and updates the probabilities whenever you train or gain a level (or anything else that affects criming like happiness).
oh me likes this one, research to find out requirements to do it successfully Smile maybe not exact requirements. but to do crimes on 50% successrate.

LuiIce

thats genius. i like it.

brythompson

too idea....i like it Biggrin
isnt there a saying, "even blind squirrels can find nuts"

Razz just j/k mate

matt5250

ya, the saying goes kinda like that, and is used when you totally fluke on something. don't really see how it applies here though. all that would happen is if you try a crime and succeed you would know if it was a fluke or not.

Scipio

squirrles don't even remember where they leave most of thier nuts anyway, blind ones just get eaten, it's a cruel world! (and a stupid saying)

matt5250

ya, they end up finding something like 1/4 of the nuts they buried or something like that.

Monk205

matt5250 Wrote:I was thinking about money sinks for the game, and in particular something that players would be interested in. I came up with the idea of being able to research a crime. How I thought it should work Is that you pay x dollars, depending on the difficulty of a crime. maybe something like, (AP required)*(AP required)*10. and then it would take one or two days to complete the research and after you have completed the research you can find out what the probability is that you will succeed, fail and get caught. there could be another page set up that lists all the crimes you've researched and updates the probabilities whenever you train or gain a level (or anything else that affects criming like happiness).

Thats defenitly an idea worth considering,but it would be better if your research only lasted for a certain amount of time mabye something like a week and then you would have to research it again.
that would only be annoying, would rather have it so that it researched your chance to succeed with current skills.

so that you could research it later when you had improved skills
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's