AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: with the new skills, should players be able to start over?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

mudpies

The skills are a good thing I suppose, but it's kind of f'd that people who have been playing nearly two years are on the same level as a bunch of n00bs. It kind of sucks that those who started before the addition of skills and the new careers will always be behind.

I didn't see the value in the past, but now I think players should be able to transfer their cash credits and weapons to a new character (once only, and not credits spend on end/int) so they can work skills and career right away, and lose control of their old ID# as it goes inactive.
Nut why would you want to reset weeks of skills training?

BadLuck

The only way that I think this would be ok is if it was a full reset..sure take the cash, weapons and such, but all stats reset to what you start off with. Every other MMO that I've played where a reset is an option, it's a full reset. Nothing goes with, just a fresh start.

mudpies

BadLuck Wrote:The only way that I think this would be ok is if it was a full reset..sure take the cash, weapons and such, but all stats reset to what you start off with. Every other MMO that I've played where a reset is an option, it's a full reset. Nothing goes with, just a fresh start.

Agreed. No stat numbers should transfer. Just the contents of your vault (band and storage)
No work today?
thats silly, why would you want that
mudpies Wrote:The skills are a good thing I suppose, but it's kind of f'd that people who have been playing nearly two years are on the same level as a bunch of n00bs.
Noobs may have the same skill levels, but higher ups know what weapon they're going to be using a for a while, so they won't waste skills switch weapons and what not.
I don't see why your mad noobs can have the same skills. You have a humanity bonus, more stats, higher career, et al. that they don't have.
mudpies Wrote:The skills are a good thing I suppose, but it's kind of f'd that people who have been playing nearly two years are on the same level as a bunch of n00bs. It kind of sucks that those who started before the addition of skills and the new careers will always be behind.

I didn't see the value in the past, but now I think players should be able to transfer their cash credits and weapons to a new character (once only, and not credits spend on end/int) so they can work skills and career right away, and lose control of their old ID# as it goes inactive.

What kind of crack are you on? Do the noobs have 30+ stats in every catagory? Doubt it. Can the noobs equip the best weaponry and armor in the game? Even more doubtful. Do the noobs know the true dynamics of the game, other than simple tips and tricks and starter points their referrers give to them? No.

And hasn't this been discussed before? It's already a bad idea. Just keep playing. Neutral
This NOOBS...attack...get the xp from you...level up...donate a lot...and for what???
Pullo,Loki and the others powerful players who are retired...veni...vidi...vici...
This is the future for this NOOBS:Retirement District...

mudpies

I'm looking at this from the perspective of someone who only logs in a handful of times a day, does skills, career, and 3-4 trains. While they wouldn't be top level or stats, they could have fantastic skills rating after 2 years.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's