AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Money-sink idea.. Housing rental
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LuparKoor

In an effort to remove money frim the economy, how about putting into effect house rentals. Currently we pay a huge amount for a house then we don't pay anything else. How about making rental housing that we could use. Rental housing would be the same happiness benefits as the normal houses, but you'd pay 5% of the cost of buying the real house, but instead would get the rental house for 1 week.

This would be a pretty good way to pull money from the economy, while giving us a way to boost stats alot more at times than we'd regularly be able to afford.

Off the top of my head, I don't know the cost off the houses or the happiness ratings, so I'll make up a scenario:

House for sale - 500k gives 500 happiness
Same house, rental version - 25k to live in it for a week and during that time gives you 500 happiness.

At the lower levels this doesnt seem so great, but at the higher levels you could finally get access to some of the huge houses, at least temporarily.

Currently you buy a house and can sell it for almost as much as you paid for it, so houses aren't actually a money sink, but if you incorporated this, then you could pull a lot of money from the economy in the long run, while helping the players gain skill and not actually screwing anyone over.
at the moment we are doing our very best to give everyone in Pimpstars Villas.

If you would rent a house like this if should be taken from bank account at the same time pay check comes in. so one should work to get 5k a day to keep the 500 happiness house. 25k \ 7 days = 5k (cause i like round number, and zeniths make believe kids in the game needs make believe food to eat)

so yeah it could work

matt5250

sounds good to me. I would also like to see something similar put in where you can buy/rent upgrade for your house. like a lazy boy couch or a big screen TV. things that will add maybe 5-15 happiness each. obviously adding too many of these would not be good, but I'd like to see a few of them.

LordSkie

being able to customise your house like that could be cool... buying accessories for it. Accessories can be limited by house too... not so best houses get better stuff, but different ones... and they add to the sell value of your house.

blade101

i like the idea, when u cant afford to buy a house

LuparKoor

OOOHHHH!

And if you can buy furnishings for yours house, people should be able to to commit crimes to steal them. Make it a multi-part crime where you do surveillance, pick a lock, search for an item, and then have to flee from the cops.

Low success rate, based off rarity of item, but would make for some fun gameplay.

oddjob

^^^^^
that last idea i like alot.

personally methinks it might be kinda foolish to actually rent instead of saving up to buy, seeing as the houses dont depreciate in value that much. but i do realize that part of your idea was to remove capital from circulation anyway.

house upgrades which could be stolen however....sweet idea.

if someone steals my spankin new 50 inch plasma (which maybe can add an extra couple points to happiness every refresh) know that im coming after you with a vengence son

the idea might be tough to implement well tho

blade101

but also u might b paying a certain amount a week 2 shoot ure stats up and get ure level up. i see hat ure tryin 2 do by reducing the cash in circulation and i think it is a good idea worth putting forward 2 zenith but i think it will be too uch of a privilege
Reference URL's