AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: More things to spend cash on!! :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, before you all start ranting about how little cash you have atm, think of this long term. and before you all ask why i take time to blurt out all these ideas, yeah im home sick from work...

-Alarms, are like stim packs, once used theyre ruined: These little nifty things alert defenders that an attacker is coming so that the defender can run away before he comes.

Comes in 3-4 variants, from metal cans on a string to high tech lazer motion detector.

Think of this addition to the gang wars Smile Buy all of your gang mates alarms to avoid losing respect Smile

-Drugs to enhance happiness

-Bullets, now this is a pet idea of mine, that i'd loved for a while. What if you could decide what kind of bullets you fired? This way to maximise damage and if you run out of bullets be unable to defend yourself. i dont know a wide arrange of different bullets but heres a couple, some are just make believe, but some of these bullets will work better on penetrating armor then others, some rely more on accuracy then others etc

Hollow tip bullets

Uranium charged

Explosive tip

Steel bullet

-Posse, same thing as gang bonus, only that this works offensively. Say you wanna attack people higher in level and overall rank then you? hire a Posse that will boost skills for 1 single time (cant rent more then 1 at once and only works offensively), to get that extra little damage needed to kick some butts.

oddjob

some interesting ideas here...good stuff
thanks Smile i like eirikurs buying drug idea, although without all the side effects

TheGeek

way to think outside the box. heh. Though i'm not sure i agree with the drugs part. perhaps "Performance Enhancing Supplements" would be better suited to that function. Wink

blade101

i like ure ideas

TheGeek

I got to thinking about this. You can never really have TOO MANY things to spend money on in a game. Cash sinks are necessary tools for online games, particularly as they age. Remember the avatar idea? Make it purchasable through ingame money. All these ideas? Money. Totally useless items that are just 'for fun' or 'status symbols' for money. Keeping the players poor, keeps players playing (and donating!) hehe.

Lostangel

Bullet implementation possibilities
When you are going to attack someone with a gun, a new option allows you to choose your bullets (along with the number of clips of each type you have)
For example, if I have 3 AP clips (each clip is good for one attack) left, 0 hollow point clips 1 Steel and 10 DU clips (assuming those are the only three options) the drop down box would say
Standard
AP (3)
DU (10)
HP (0)
Steel (1)
As for what they do...
AP has increased accuracy
DU has greatly increased damage, but a chance of being caught by police each round of combat!
Steel has increased damage
HP has standard damage, but increased hospital stay
As for why I think those options are good...
AP adds accuracy for additional cost
DU has more damage than Steel, but you can get caught because the police are looking to get the rounds off the street
Steel adds increased damage
HP addes additional hosptial time to the stay due to increased internal injuries

matt5250

sounds good to me, I think they should be fairly expensive though, so that its only feasable to use regularly during wartime. kinda like stim packs, although some people can afford to use them all the time. but somewhere in that cprice range.
Reference URL's