AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Ranged Vs Melee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, In the past few hours i have been surfing through post's to try and find something interesting. What i have discovered will "Shock and Awe".

Someone made a request in a different post for a gun that shoot's knives.

What i am about to propose is a variation of said weapon but could possibly change the way this game is played forever.

So here it is, As it stands right now it is just as easy to train ranged as it is melee.
however the benefits of ranged are far greater IMO because there is a bigger selection of guns vs melee. Now i'm speaking of course of the mid - high level weapons were the knives get weeded out and make way for the axes and the fed arms get weeded out for the defiance, AK and Sub machine category.

So what if we made it easier to train in ranged or harder to train in melee but added the addition of having to buy bullets for our ranged weapons?

I belive someone made some comments in the past about grenades?

And last but not least how about that gang storage for weapons and stims?

Discuss.
Bullets have already been suggested..

As for making ranged easier, and melee harder, to train..Train as you would like.
Well.

With the introduciton of Skill, the selection between guns and melee are about equal.

I always would like the gang storage idea. It's definitely a plus.

Loki

JaySin Wrote:there is a bigger selection of guns vs melee. Now i'm speaking of course of the mid - high level weapons were the knives get weeded out and make way for the axes and the fed arms get weeded out for the defiance, AK and Sub machine category.

RANGED
Pistol
Sub-Machine Gun
Rifle
Shotgun

MELEE
Short-Bladed Melee
Long-Bladed Melee
Axe
Blunt

I think the introduction of skills forced admin to make a pretty equal number of options for both melee and ranged through all levels of ability.

** Edit: yeah, what Zeon said.
Loki Wrote:
JaySin Wrote:there is a bigger selection of guns vs melee. Now i'm speaking of course of the mid - high level weapons were the knives get weeded out and make way for the axes and the fed arms get weeded out for the defiance, AK and Sub machine category.

RANGED
Pistol
Sub-Machine Gun
Rifle
Shotgun

MELEE
Short-Bladed Melee
Long-Bladed Melee
Axe
Blunt

I think the introduction of skills forced admin to make a pretty equal number of options for both melee and ranged through all levels of ability.

** Edit: yeah, what Zeon said.

ok well if you notice that ranged for mid level skills has more choices of weapons is what i meant. yes there are and equal amount of categories but for say lvl 16 to 20 accuracy you have ALOT of diff choices as oposed to levels 16 to 20 Melee. also keep in mind that mid level blunt items and short bladed are a joke imo also if you add in that within reason the only choices you have within the levels i stated are the ares longsword and the e axe and ionized axe. after the ionized axe you have to train good and hard for the next best thing
17 Int for a mid level Blunt weapon is definitely a shot in the feet. I did suggested a mid level weapon for blunt. However, it was shot down.

To get the strongest weapon in the game, you have to work harder for it. Sad

Loki

Some people probably feel that some of the gun choices are a "joke" as well.

I think things are pretty even.

To introduce ammo requirements, or different difficulties in training certain stats at this point would not exactly be fair to those who have spent a year or 2 crafting their characters.
im not suggesting an easy out for weak guys what im sayin is i think there are way too many choices for ranged and not enough for melee in contrast of how the requirements breakdown. i would like to see a couple more options for melee or maybe some adjustments to the requirements of certain items.
I think the options are pretty fair either way you go, but there should be something between the highest level weapon, and the one before. For example in the shotgun group, it goes from needing 10 end to 20 end. Should be something in the middle.

Promathia19

and like Ionized Axe -> Ionized Ono Axe is 0 END ==> 17 END. that's a pretty big jump, isn't it? haha
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's