AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: OVERSTEPPING THE MARK UNDER RULE 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

biffbaffboff

Do not harass other players. Harassment means "tormenting by continued persistent verbal attacks and criticism". If you think something might be considered harassment, don't do it. If a player is sending you unwanted mail, use the in-game mail block feature prior to contacting an admin

Its a sad day for me today.As most of you have already read in another topic my uncle died,in a car crash, and it devastated my family and myself.Everyday i think of him.It now disgusts me that a player would chose to offend me in such a manner as to actually name himself Biffsdeaduncle.

For the record before today i had not had contact with this player or had issues with him so this came as more than a shock to me.As if to ram the name home,he changed it then mugged me online.I understand this is a game of conflict and violence but we do have rules in place that are there for all our help when needed.

So in light of this i call on the staff members Zen and Err to intervene in this matter.I make no apology for my actions in bringing this to the forums nor will i have any hesitation in quitting this game if i feel that whatever (if anything) is not appropriate.

In short i will quit this game tomorrow forever if Loki AKA Biffsdeaduncle is not Fed jailed over this.Any other punishment will not be enough.

I would ask anyone viewing this to please not comment on the nature personal judgment on quitting only that they post here what they truly think about Loki's current name choice.

If i see you all again thats great.If not then goodbye and have fun playing a game with scum like Loki.
Rinse the sand out.

Loki

I have apologized in game and in another thread.

Lapse in judgement and poor taste on my part... but a lot worse user names have been used in this game and these have not resulted in federal jail.

Biff, I'm sorry, but seriously. Grow a sack.

grabtindy

[Image: drama-queen.jpg]
Loki should not be fed jailed for this... and I will tell you why.

He had an error in judgment (it happens).

Just after he made the name change he messaged me on msn stating he was going to email zen to have it changed back. (beleive it or not people do things without thinking)

This was before you had reponded in the forums he decided it was not the best idea he has ever had.

Like the rule states
"tormenting by CONTINUED persistent verbal attacks and criticism".

And Your own words:
"For the record before today i had not had contact with this player or had issues with him so this came as more than a shock to me."

So if you are going to quit a GAME over a single oversight then go!

This is not defending the action but a simple analogy

biffbaffboff

For the record ultimatum is a strong word to use.In the other topic i agreed yes it was an ultimatum however what i should have said was this.

I do not want to play a game where players can change there name to something so disrespectful to my uncle and not get punished for it.So what that amounts to is either the player gets treated just like any other regardless of level or power or i quit.Its a no brainer.Rules are there and i am choosing to run with them.A half baked apology and slap on the wrist is not enough for me to disrespect my uncle's legacy by playing a game where I dont feel comfortable knowing this is allowed.

Its no ultimatum its about implementing the rules.If I feel i have been let down by those rules I leave and take my playing elsewhere where idiots like Loki cannot do crap like this.
Please don't leave.
I am confused biff... is this an on going thing? cause you keep quoting that you are wanting the rules enforced... I am not condoning the action but just trying to understand your point...
I'm at a loss for words here. I can't imagine the hurt Biff would feel from this type of error in judgment. I've had numerous complaints about this and I feel disgusted about it.

Loki has mailed me and wished to change his name back because he does feel remorse about going too far. I don't know how I'd feel if someone changed their name to something so hurtful and personal, but it can't be anything but bad.

As of right now Loki cannot change his name. I believe Loki is remorseful due to the tone of his mail to me. As players we might have our conflicts, but I hope we don't go over the line like this again. When it comes down to it, we all seem to have the AL community in common. Let's keep the shots above the belt.

ShadowKid

Zen i hate paypal Biggrin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's