AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: New types of armor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Armors made specifically for ranged or melee(close) combat. The ranged armor type offers a greater defense(than the close combat armors type and the usual armors) if the attacker uses a ranged weapon.

And the same goes for close combat armors.

Each type of armor can give different stats bonus..or not! Depends on the price of the armor.

the ranged armor gives you +1 resistance against bullets, but could also take you -1 dexterity, all during combat only!!

theghost83

The melee armor could be like how we used to roll in Stillwater,with the phone books taped around the midsection,yeah?
theghost83 Wrote:The melee armor could be like how we used to roll in Stillwater,with the phone books taped around the midsection,yeah?

something like that, but more stylish
Sorry to say, but I actually don't like the idea..It sounds like the B4C to me. Bulk for more defense, but weight to slow you down.
It's a good idea. But, it won't work out very well with the current game mechanic. Simply because, there is no counter-intelligent in this game.

If.. let say, we added sniper class, this extra protection will make more useful.
I think it would be more like this.

Improved version of B4C: Full upper body armor, due to the weight and making it harder to make quick moves it lessens your chance to dodge, but increases the resistance by a ton. Needs more endurance to use it. Works very well with the resistance skill.

Other improved version of B4C would have cut of the armor at the shoulders not covering upper arms, making it easier to move and aim. Few layers thinner of protecting fiber also decreasing weight, making it easier to dodge, but you can't resist a full on hit that well. You wont need as much endurance, since it's lighter and easier to handle.Works very well with the dodge skill.
Reference URL's